Your Cricket How much did your bat cost ?

boozemonster

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
manufacturer; Dukes
model; Ton
Price; ?120? (it was a good few years ago now)

it weighs 3lb and makes bowlers wish they hadn't pitched it up, but the old girl is on her last legs now so I'm in the market for a new one, whats this about Indian imports? and how long do they take to get to England? our professional is Indian and he didn't turn up til yesterday, three weeks late! hahaha bats don't have problems with visas though i presume.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Just spent ?70 on a gray-nicolls powerbow force, very nice pickup and very nice to use. I am happy with it, will be using it in a game for the first time today.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I have a GN rapier too. English willow, custom made beautiful feel. crisp shots, i absolutely love it.
I pull like a madman with it lol.
under 1200 RSP (25 bucks about :p, USD)

Dalek

Club Cricketer
Make of bat: GM (Harrow)
Type: Catylst
cost: £199

Make of bat: Newbury
Type: UzI & Samuri
cost: Uzi£129 Samuri£200

Make of bat: Puma
Type: Ballistic(world cup edition)
cost: £299

A_Whitey

Club Cricketer
GN Predator Power
£80, it's 3lb, didn't know about that stuff when I bought it, I need a 2lb 8oz bat really :(

rocklara

International Coach
Well guys my newest bat is the MRF LARA 400. Cost me GBP 205.00
Fully prepared PKI, with antiscuff..

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
GN Predator Power
?80, it's 3lb, didn't know about that stuff when I bought it, I need a 2lb 8oz bat really :(

If you really love the bat then a good bat maker could possibly shave a couple of ounces off it for you.

However, if you're going to be replacing it soon then I wouldn't bother, especially as there is no guarantee as to what the pick will be like afterwards.

Normally my bats cost around ?60 - ?100 (retail at ?200 plus) but then I tend to get them wholesale or I just buy clefts and sort them out myself. For a laugh I've just bought a BDM bat from India as I'm interested in seeing what the wood is like. After postage it'll cost about ?25 in total, so I'm expecting something rock hard.

Dalek

Club Cricketer
My first bat was a little gray nichols bat them mini ones i get em signed by the players now tho lol it was for mesin wit not for cricket matchs

£12, more expensive than some bats on here *chuckles*

boozemonster

School Cricketer
so can anyone tell me where they have imported their bats from and would they recommend this way of purchasing a bat

Users who are viewing this thread