Your Cricket How much did your bat cost ?

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
so can anyone tell me where they have imported their bats from and would they recommend this way of purchasing a bat

Why would you need to import bats when you live in England? I had to pay upwards of USD 250 to have my uncle send me a whole kit from Karachi.

boozemonster

School Cricketer
Why would you need to import bats when you live in England? I had to pay upwards of USD 250 to have my uncle send me a whole kit from Karachi.

because for a decent bat in england you would stuggle to get one for ?140 (i think that is about the going exchange rate)where as i have seen bats adverstised for around ?40 including shipping from the sub-continent.

my previous bat was ?120 but thatt was about 6 years ago when i was still living with my parents and the part-time job i had was all disposable income, these days i would feel the pinch with ?20 let alone ?120 (my job although enjoyable does not leave me much spare after bills go out) so i am looking at other ways to cheaply replace my equipment which is falling apart through age.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Those sub-continent bats are normally Kashmir willow though, so of a much worse quality, its better for you to just save for a better English willow bat. I paid £70 for a gray nicolls powerbow force, grade 4 english willow, so pretty decent quality, not the best but i dont need a £150 bat as i am only just starting.

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
so can anyone tell me where they have imported their bats from and would they recommend this way of purchasing a bat

Just look on eBay but to be honest if you're after a reasonable bat you're better off buying in England.

My friend has a BDM something or other and whilst it does go if you hit (the smallish) middle, the rest of the bat is rock hard meaning that you really feel every shot. I'm also less than impressed with the handle as it feels very narrow and thin - would need 3 grips to make it feel normal. The wood is also very blemished and looks as though it's been bleached - never a good sign.

I've ordered one out of curiousity but only to use for a laugh.

A_Whitey

Club Cricketer
If you really love the bat then a good bat maker could possibly shave a couple of ounces off it for you.

However, if you're going to be replacing it soon then I wouldn't bother, especially as there is no guarantee as to what the pick will be like afterwards.

Normally my bats cost around ?60 - ?100 (retail at ?200 plus) but then I tend to get them wholesale or I just buy clefts and sort them out myself. For a laugh I've just bought a BDM bat from India as I'm interested in seeing what the wood is like. After postage it'll cost about ?25 in total, so I'm expecting something rock hard.

Well, I'm starting to focus on my batting more, if I really feel that it's inhibiting my batting I'll replace it, it hasn't had much use as I usually miss the ball :p

banjo6

Club Cricketer
Make of bat eg-MRF
Version eg - Genius LE
cost - ?250

Make-MB
Version-Malik Sher Amin
Value ?250

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
Well, I'm starting to focus on my batting more, if I really feel that it's inhibiting my batting I'll replace it, it hasn't had much use as I usually miss the ball :p

How many grips do you have on it? Sometimes adding or removing a grip can help to change to the pick up of a bat and make it feel more balanced.

Dalek

Club Cricketer
i had 4 on now i have 2 or 1 and its miles easier

Animator!

School Cricketer
Aye, I have 2. I have mediumish sized hands and so one grip is too small, It feels like I'm just holding the handle, no give.
But 3 is too many, can't fit my hands round too well, and so I go for inbetween.

Dalek

Club Cricketer
It didnt affect me but i am just a little bit better, and it certainly didnt affect my cover driving :)

My newest bat edition was my minature grey nichols bat with pink grip:) £3 for breast cancer :D

Dalek

Club Cricketer
£35 on a bat? what are you buying. I recomend a GM catylst or a GrayNicholls With a pink grip:)

Users who are viewing this thread