Your Illnesses and Injuries

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought when Sureshot was talking about NASH in another thread I would start this one since I had pneumonia last year, which is a really horrible illness to experience.

Anyway if you have had an illness or serious injury, post it here if you want us to hear.

Last edited:

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I nearly got run over by a Bus few years back, but I saved myself.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
When i was 15 i went out and got hammered on a variety of alcoholic beverages, but mainly straight Vodka :p. I then attempted to stumble home about midnight, got home, went in my room, felt abit worse for wear and tried to go to the bathroom, passed out and smacked my head on an empty pint glass that was sat in my room. The glass smashed, my head cut open, but i didnt feel a thing. I got up, and didnt realise i'd hit my head and tried to stumble to the bathroom, then as i got out my room i properly passed out. Parents called the ambulance and i got 3 stitches. Dad's a policeman so it's safe to say he wasnt happy, Mum was more unhappy though. I can look back and laugh at it now though, least i can say i enjoyed my youth, SWYD :D

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Playing football in my younger days I tore my left calf muscle in to two pieces, which was the most painful thing that has ever happened to me.

I also have two distinctive scars around my left eye from clashes of heads.

Playing cricket I've broken 3 different fingers.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Broke my ankle, i've also torn my Deltiod in my shoulder which hurt so much i passed out.

Illnesses, i've not had too many, except for a nasty dose of the plague. ;)

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Not much too bad of the either. Got pretty bad knees and hip bone though and two summers back got an awful cough. I'd literally cough for minutes on end, sucking up air whenever I could during the period - was quite annoying.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Not much too bad of the either. Got pretty bad knees and hip bone though and two summers back got an awful cough. I'd literally cough for minutes on end, sucking up air whenever I could during the period - was quite annoying.

Sounds what I had manee when I got my chest infection (pneumonia came next). Glad it wasn't too serious.

I regularly get cramps in my toes which hurt like hell. I had one 2 weeks ago and I could see my toe actually move, it does feel like your toes are stuck together.

Anybody who gets cramp in their toes with know what it feels like. ;)

usy

Chairman of Selectors
ever had crap amount of pain in your backbone after playing Basketball with some skilled players?

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Broken Right Ankle ligament while bowling :(

thrice torn head :(

once a broken elbow

2 yeas ago a motorbike smashed me and i was in hospital for 1 month :(

ALways suffer from frozen shoulder ( very much painful )

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Toe Cramp's not that bad at all you big puffter :p. Calf cramp is much much worse, i get that on holiday when i've been swimming for too long, i hate it, you just try and move it as much as you can as fast as you can but it still cains. Cramp in general isnt fun in the slightest.

I've never broken a bone which is something i'm pretty happy with, breaking my leg would be the worst thing i could imagine, i'd hate not being able to move about for weeks on end. I really struggle to sit still for longer periods than an hour, unless im watching something decent on TV or playing a good game, but i normally have to get up and move about for abit when doing that aswell lol.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yes i have, many times, it hurts but its not as painful as cramp in the thigh. I agree that it hurts, but its nowhere near as bad as you're making out.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I got knocked out the other week playing football, I can't actually remember it but apparently I went a bit John Terry only trying to score and got my head smashed.

Manly

Thor
Been knocked out numerous times playing rugby this season... One game I kept thinking: "This is an exciting game! Oh, wait, I'm playing! This is an exciting game! Oh, wait, I'm playing! This is an exciting game! Oh, wait, I'm playing!" and so on...
Never broken any bones, *knocks on wood* but have done various ligament/tendon damages playing footie/ruggers..
Worst to come from cricket was a broken little finger where I dived for the ball and it got caught in the turf.

Users who are viewing this thread