Your Illnesses and Injuries

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes i have, many times, it hurts but its not as painful as cramp in the thigh. I agree that it hurts, but its nowhere near as bad as you're making out.

It was just that you sounded like it doesn't hurt much at all. I haven't had cramp anywhere else so I don't know.

D

Deleted member 13648

I've broken my femur before. You don't want to do that people.

Also not so much of an injury but I also get regular "clicks" in my ankles. I roll my ankle and I get this fairly loud click. Doesn't hurt too much though.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I fractured my wrist making a diving stop in a cricket match a few years ago, spent a long while in a cast and cut short my season. I kept on bowling with it on though, risking breaking it completely, but it turned out alright.

A few weeks ago now I knocked my leg with my studs making a save in a football match and I couldn't walk on it very well. I went to see the doctor a couple of days later and it ended up as damaged fibres of the knee ligaments. I am still supposed to not play sport for 3 and a half weeks, but I can't wait that long. I played indoor cricket last Friday!

Manly

Thor
I fractured my wrist making a diving stop in a cricket match a few years ago, spent a long while in a cast and cut short my season. I kept on bowling with it on though, risking breaking it completely, but it turned out alright.

A few weeks ago now I knocked my leg with my studs making a save in a football match and I couldn't walk on it very well. I went to see the doctor a couple of days later and it ended up as damaged fibres of the knee ligaments. I am still supposed to not play sport for 3 and a half weeks, but I can't wait that long. I played indoor cricket last Friday!

Good man :clap

That reminded me, it's not a huge injury, ligaments etc. but I played indoor with the worlds dead-est leg, was so hard to run/bowl.

Highlander999

ICC President
Right I have a long list so let's get started:

I've had salmonella, measels, a fractured skull, a broken leg from a car crash which required a blood transfusion, becasue I lost so much blood and a contact lense shatter in eye (most painful by far) as I was knocked straight out with the fractured skull and broken leg. Oh yeah I've also been run over by a car.

I spend half my time in hospital :noway

Animator!

School Cricketer
Broken my right wrist 3 times.

Other than that nothing else really.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I had mumps when I was 14 and it was immense. My face looked like a Bo Selecta mask. Hurts like hell when you chew though. Really painful but it's not really a serious injury.

As for sporting injuries, i've sprained both my ankles, broke both arms, metatarsal on my right foot (not sure which mt though) and like James, i've had several stitches around my eyes for clashes of heads in football.

I've lost a tooth playing football as well. It hurts mightily when a perfectly fine molar is forced out like that. Blood everywhere.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Ooo, look at you, Mr Fashionable with your broken metatarsal :p

I also cut a few layers of skin off the main part of my hand when i fell off my bike and scraped my hand along the gravel, wasnt nice picking bits of gravel out of your hand, took ages to heal fully. But as Pritchard says, skin always heals, whoever invented it was a genius Lol.

Another 'injury' I had was whilst having a blood test, normally absoloutely fine, i actually enjoy them strangely, i like watching the blood seep out of my armk, strange i know lol. This specific blood test wasnt fun though, the stupid woman that did it shoved the needle in at a stupid angle which forced the muscles in my arm to contract and spasm. It was cramp of the arm muscles, with a needle still inside, and because the muscles had completely tensed up she couldnt get the needle out, i was in agony, most painful thing i've ever experienced. Im sure the pint glass incident would have hurt more if i could have felt it, but because i was so hammered i didnt feel a thing ha.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Broken my left wrist 2 times, once hit by a bouncer, second time just randomly fell over...

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I don't know if it counts as an injury as it left no damage to me whatsoever, but I once had my forearm set on fire. :D

Users who are viewing this thread