Unable to Add Steam ID

Ho3n3r

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi

When I try to enter my Steam ID into the profile edit screen - not the one for donwload verification of Steam, but the one that gives you a tiny Steam link under your avatar - it does not work, and I do not know what to insert in the box. Please assist.

I have tried the following values.
- My real name.
- The Steam ID provided for game verification.
- Ho3n3r
- ho3n3r
- The numeric value in the URL found here Steam Community :: Dewald Nel , in other words 76561198071355956

I have tried all links and possibilities I can think of on Steam to find the correct value, but nothing pops up.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
When I try to enter my Steam ID into the profile edit screen - not the one for donwload verification of Steam, but the one that gives you a tiny Steam link under your avatar - it does not work, and I do not know what to insert in the box. Please assist.
Thought I'd reply over here because I can do two in one...

EDIT: By the way, MattW, can you perhaps tell me how to get my game verified in the same way? I added my Steam ID to the Group Membership request, but I have no way of verifying whether this has been done right.

The value I added was something like: STEAM_0:0:XXXXXXXX, where the X's represent a number. This is correct, right?
The number you wanted is that long numeric ID you posted here - the game copies it to the clipboard if you view the credits.

I've done the verification of that number and promoted your account.

That said, a few people have posted numbers in that STEAM_ format, if you know where you got that one from it might help to get people to avoid putting that one in.

Now, as for your profile, it's set up to take a custom url - you set that by viewing your profile while logged in to Steam (you can click your name in the Steam app), click the 'Edit Profile' button, and look for the 'Custom URL' field. Fill that in, and put what you entered in to the box on here.

Ho3n3r

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thought I'd reply over here because I can do two in one...

The number you wanted is that long numeric ID you posted here - the game copies it to the clipboard if you view the credits.

I've done the verification of that number and promoted your account.

That said, a few people have posted numbers in that STEAM_ format, if you know where you got that one from it might help to get people to avoid putting that one in.

Now, as for your profile, it's set up to take a custom url - you set that by viewing your profile while logged in to Steam (you can click your name in the Steam app), click the 'Edit Profile' button, and look for the 'Custom URL' field. Fill that in, and put what you entered in to the box on here.

Brilliant, thanks mate!

I got my Steam ID here, by pasting that loooooong number in here: Steam ID Converter - Find your Steam ID

Hopefully this helps. If I knew that this was incorrect, I would've used the correct one straight away.

Just a warning: this is not the only site I saw. Google "find my steam id", and quite a few pop up, and it seems that most work.

I will do the change for the profile custom URL as soon as I get home. Great reaction times there by the way. I can see you've been playing DBC 14 a lot yourself. :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread