ALL ESSENTIAL PATCHES FOR EA CRICKET 2004 PC

LilleeWilleyDilley

School Cricketer
I'm sure alot of people by now have noticed in EA Cricket 2004 when you are batting, especially against spinners, that is very hard to get the ball past the fielder; so while its easy to get ball-on-bat, the ball is too often hit straight to the fielder. Sometimes the ball is hit fast but straight to the fielder in each delivery during the entire over. I wish I could fix this permanently because its a pain. Far too many maidens occur in this game as a result.

When you, eventually, get the ball passed the fielder(s) then it also seems to shoot to the boundary a little more than it should...

DevilzTutor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I'm sure alot of people by now have noticed in EA Cricket 2004 when you are batting, especially against spinners, that is very hard to get the ball past the fielder; so while its easy to get ball-on-bat, the ball is too often hit straight to the fielder. Sometimes the ball is hit fast but straight to the fielder in each delivery during the entire over. I wish I could fix this permanently because its a pain. Far too many maidens occur in this game as a result.

When you, eventually, get the ball passed the fielder(s) then it also seems to shoot to the boundary a little more than it should...
Maybe try playing with the shift key?

rifleman1202

School Cricketer
I can't get my Xinput controller to detect even when using a program to convert it to dinput. I am using a standard microsoft xbox controller. I tried using Xinput plus which has options to convert xinput to dinput but no luck. Anyone have any tips on how to get a controller detected with this game?

rifleman1202

School Cricketer
Does anyone have Config Editor V3 that they can post as an attachment here? The links are no longer valid posted by Prakash back in 2005.

timmy94

Club Captain
Is there a way to reduce extras by CPU? like byes, wides, man they are game breaking things.
the "byes free" configs help big time with that. essentially all the field options have a back stop in them. usually only need them for tests as wicket keepers seems to be better in odis or you dont bowl as many short balls.

timmy94

Club Captain
Just reinstalled cricket 2004 on windows 10 but the game hangs when i create a new profile. never had this before. anyone know a fix?

rifleman1202

School Cricketer
Just reinstalled cricket 2004 on windows 10 but the game hangs when i create a new profile. never had this before. anyone know a fix?

I am playing it on Windows 10 Pro 21H2 build 19044.2604 without any issues whatsoever. No compatibility settings applied either and no run as administrator. The only thing I use is RTSS (Riva Tuner Statistics Server) to cap the frame rate at 60 FPS. Maybe try turning off Windows Data Execution Prevention if it's not already off although I doubt that's the problem but you never know what's causing these old executables to error out.

timmy94

Club Captain
I am playing it on Windows 10 Pro 21H2 build 19044.2604 without any issues whatsoever. No compatibility settings applied either and no run as administrator. The only thing I use is RTSS (Riva Tuner Statistics Server) to cap the frame rate at 60 FPS. Maybe try turning off Windows Data Execution Prevention if it's not already off although I doubt that's the problem but you never know what's causing these old executables to error out.
i thought it might be my anti virus so i turned it off and it still hangs. its strange because ive definitely played it on this computer before but now im stuck!

SavageSmith

County Cricketer
India
RCB...
CSK
Profile Flag
India
i thought it might be my anti virus so i turned it off and it still hangs. its strange because ive definitely played it on this computer before but now im stuck!
Try creating a new windows profile (local account with giving it administrator privileges) and then try playing cricket 2004 from that profile to see if the game saves from that. If so, then you have to play the game from that windows profile only. I had faced the same issue for Cricket 07 then I tried this fix

timmy94

Club Captain
Try creating a new windows profile (local account with giving it administrator privileges) and then try playing cricket 2004 from that profile to see if the game saves from that. If so, then you have to play the game from that windows profile only. I had faced the same issue for Cricket 07 then I tried this fix
that actually worked thank you!

timmy94

Club Captain
I can't get my Xinput controller to detect even when using a program to convert it to dinput. I am using a standard microsoft xbox controller. I tried using Xinput plus which has options to convert xinput to dinput but no luck. Anyone have any tips on how to get a controller detected with this game?
yeah im having a problem with my ps4 controller. never had a problem before with this game, even BLC99 picks it up...

LilleeWilleyDilley

School Cricketer
Just thought I might point out a few potential errors of judgement in the geocities site link online that compares two legendary cricket games to one another, BLC 99 and EA Cricket 2004.

Point number 6 - while BLC99 can track basic career statistics indefinitely for up to 20 cricketers, C04 more or less makes up for that by showing other kinds of statistics such as a spider-diagram, run-rate diagram, and a wagon wheel of each innings.

Point number 7 - the writer suggests unlike C04 that aggressive fielding setups and the pacing of an innings is missing in BLC99. Anyone who has played BLC99 long enough and experimented with the fielding setups will know that there is at least 2 aggressive fielding options, and that the AI indeed may choose an aggressive setup if you are the batting team and a new batsman has just walked in. Run-rates in BLC99 are fairly realistic unlike cricket games that came out before BLC99. In much older cricket games, the run-rates of CPU batsmen were generally the same no matter what type of match you were playing. In BLC99, the CPU batsmen generally score at 3 to 4 runs per over in test matches, whereas in quick 10-over matches the CPU batsmen generally score at a minimum of 9 runs a over. That is definitely pacing an innings.

Point number 8 - fielding in C04 by default is still not perfect. While we occasionally see a fielder in BLC99 drop a catch, I can't remember much about fielders in C04 dropping any catches at any time whatsoever, as if to suggest they are all super-human. But then there are times when the fielders in CO4 act strange - I sometimes see the mid-on, mid-off, or midwicket fielder (in a patched-up C04) falling down onto the ground for no apparent reason after the batsman hits the ball.

Point number 12, ever since cricket games from the early 90s, how well a player plays is more than just dependant on a very simple system of his batting or bowling average. In BLC99, the ability of the batsman AND the bowler also depends on whether he is aggressive, moderate, or defensive. These refer to their basic strike-rates, respectively, and they make a significant difference in the gameplay.

Point number 13 - you can technically make super-human players in BLC99 too.

Point number 14 - the PS1 version of BLC99 has a proper rain feature. The PC version of BLC99 has a never-ending rain feature once turned on, and this is one of the main reasons I reckon the PS1 version is better than the PC version. Only the slightly enhanced graphics in the PC version surpass the PS1 version.

Point number 15 - we have come along way since 1998 and 2003, respectively, and both BLC99 and C04 had bugs which have now been addressed by patches and updates.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread