TENNIS AO Tennis

D

Dutch

To be fair BA would be on a hiding to nothing: we have seen time and time again that they are met with just tons of abuse and misinformed comments when they are active.

And having to trawl through all the rubbish to get the few nuggets of scarce gold is not fun for anyone. I dont think they can win. This is just a reflection of all of the internet. There are very very few places left where consistently constructive conversation takes place.

We had it for a while with dbc14; but even then lets not forget that the very first comment after we saw the very first screenshot of a new cricket game: the wicketkeeper’s glove looks like an ovenglove. The tone was set from there on in.

Same with this: there is just no air, no space, no holding back for them to come on here, or where ever, and find a meaningful platform to discuss things.

They are left to batten down the hatches and somehow steer the ship.

I think they have also not helped themselves in many ways through not communicating or appearing to release unfinished games.

But let us not kid ourselves: this kind of place is not the place where you come out and say hey guys this is what’s happening.......the daggers are already drawn before they have spoken.

D

Deleted member 9102

6'1 Nadal next to 6'10 Isner in a cutscene...

riMIZvc.jpg

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To be fair BA would be on a hiding to nothing: we have seen time and time again that they are met with just tons of abuse and misinformed comments when they are active.

And having to trawl through all the rubbish to get the few nuggets of scarce gold is not fun for anyone. I dont think they can win. This is just a reflection of all of the internet. There are very very few places left where consistently constructive conversation takes place.

We had it for a while with dbc14; but even then lets not forget that the very first comment after we saw the very first screenshot of a new cricket game: the wicketkeeper’s glove looks like an ovenglove. The tone was set from there on in.

Same with this: there is just no air, no space, no holding back for them to come on here, or where ever, and find a meaningful platform to discuss things.

They are left to batten down the hatches and somehow steer the ship.

I think they have also not helped themselves in many ways through not communicating or appearing to release unfinished games.

But let us not kid ourselves: this kind of place is not the place where you come out and say hey guys this is what’s happening.......the daggers are already drawn before they have spoken.

Please just stop with this sort of posting, I have to update your user title yet again....

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Reopening thread

Let’s try to keep on topic .....

D

Deleted member 46200

The general consensus for AO tennis is the fact it is broken and lacks 'substance' that I have surmised from here, dangerous maybe, however, the bonus is the fact there are a couple of other 'rival' games which can only be a good thing for us as consumers but bad for Big ant sales... Cricket games have no rival and lack competition but here we have a choice...[DOUBLEPOST=1516749832][/DOUBLEPOST]@zimrahil Thanks for cleaning this up, someone was making a racket... !

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
The general consensus for AO tennis is the fact it is broken and lacks 'substance' that I have surmised from here, dangerous maybe, however, the bonus is the fact there are a couple of other 'rival' games which can only be a good thing for us as consumers but bad for Big ant sales... Cricket games have no rival and lack competition but here we have a choice...[DOUBLEPOST=1516749832][/DOUBLEPOST]@zimrahil Thanks for cleaning this up, someone was making a racket... !

I think the saving grace, as I've mentioned before, is it's essentially in 'Early Access' in Aus/NZ and I expect it to be a lot better come worldwide release later in the year, perhaps with a different name as well given the locality bias of the current name (think Brian Lara Cricket vs Shane Warne cricket). If they honestly hope to release it globally after the reception it has got so far, they really need to knuckle down and make it a much better experience, otherwise to be honest there's no point going out with a global release.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I think the saving grace, as I've mentioned before, is it's essentially in 'Early Access' in Aus/NZ and I expect it to be a lot better come worldwide release later in the year, perhaps with a different name as well given the locality bias of the current name (think Brian Lara Cricket vs Shane Warne cricket). If they honestly hope to release it globally after the reception it has got so far, they really need to knuckle down and make it a much better experience, otherwise to be honest there's no point going out with a global release.
On point..It seems to have released just for being "in time" for the event...And world wide is said to be in the first half so thats a long way too which could turn positive..

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
On point..It seems to have released just for being "in time" for the event...And world wide is said to be in the first half so thats a long way too which could turn positive..

Yea I feel it will coincide with the French Open in June as that will preclude the Northern Hemisphere summer and the 3 remaining Grand Slams

I just hope they have the presence of mind not to call it "FO Tennis" though ;)

kulch

Club Captain
It wasn't just DBC17. Their latest NRL game RLL4 was released in a borked state. Career mode players having the wrong price and progressing too fast thus after 3 seasons everyone in the career mode was a 99 rated clone and forwards were running down backs. Side cam skill stick having behind cam orientation. Side cam having tin shed roofs blocking the visibility of the field. All these things worked in RLL3, just like all the broken things in DBC17 worked in 14. These factors are difficult to take so many of us that subscribed to their catalogue of games in the past were apprehensive about Ashes and their "motion capture is not cosmetic" when the pitches seem cosmetic. AO has let the cat out of bag. Something gone wrong down there in the last 3 years. Change of talent (staff) or game engine? I don't know. But they need to rewind like the button forza made when u went off the track

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i'm a big believer in "one chance to make a first impression". and unfortunately, this game really failed there.

the aus open will be over soon. will anyone give a damn about patches in mid/late february? and regardless of patches/improvements who will give a damn about "australian open tennis" (forget other licenses) in may/june/july for the french open and wimbledon especially when there are other tennis games out? not bloody likely.

Users who are viewing this thread