Ashes Cricket General Discussion

D

Dutch

The big problem here is too much happens behind the scenes, in secret rooms hidden away from anyone :spy

Hence we can only take stuff on Face Value , as we are not privy to alot of stuff.
Mmm I think you might be mixing things up. Your original post seemed to be wondering why bd had been banned. I was stating that just because we dont always see why someone is banned it doesnt mean that there was not a reason for it out of the public eye as it were. There is no secret group. Staff ban people for very good reasons even If we are not privvy to it. Whoever would like to evolve a conspiracy theory from that is welcome but it is not based on fact.

D

Dutch

When this elusive super-update finally arrives, please, please let it include a permanent fix to the tweaking annoying caught behind bug whereby the game continues as if you just imagined the previous 30 seconds of play. This is much more deserving of attention, in my opinion, than improving the affects of pitch wear and even improving the AIs response to the way the match is going (which admittedly are drastically required also), which is all I seem to see talk of whenever beta testing is mentioned.
that is a game killing bug and one which I have had on numerous occasions even in the latest build: do you have fully automated fielding? Since i changed from semi to full fielding i havent had it...I am actually trying to help track down what may be triggering this. I can ensure you that although ai and the pitch may be talked about a lot other things are also very much part of the process.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
that is a game killing bug and one which I have had on numerous occasions even in the latest build: do you have fully automated fielding? Since i changed from semi to full fielding i havent had it....i can ensure you that although ai and the pitch may be talked about a lot other things are also very much part of the process.
I've had it on fully assisted in the past.

sajeednp

Club Captain
And in broadcast mode. Let me explain clearly to @Dutch
First change the batting view to broadcast and invert batting enabled.
If you have two controls, Select two controls for the same team. Now once the match is started, plz check whether human batting is working for both controls as expected. I mean shots should go to correct direction. Currently there is an invert batting issue in broadcast mode in this scenario. Shots are going to wrong side.
@Dutch have you checked this

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
that is a game killing bug and one which I have had on numerous occasions even in the latest build: do you have fully automated fielding? Since i changed from semi to full fielding i havent had it...I am actually trying to help track down what may be triggering this. I can ensure you that although ai and the pitch may be talked about a lot other things are also very much part of the process.
Although I haven't had this problem much (bowling mainly career mode spin...so I don't know if that is a factor) I would put it up there with the caught off pad problem as something that I would hope to see fixed in the update. There may be an underlying problem around collision detection that is causing both of these (I'm guessing here, though).
@Dutch does your build have a debug mode or any logging turned on? Without this I can't see how you could track down the cause. What are BA saying about this?

D

Dutch

Although I haven't had this problem much (bowling mainly career mode spin...so I don't know if that is a factor) I would put it up there with the caught off pad problem as something that I would hope to see fixed in the update. There may be an underlying problem around collision detection that is causing both of these (I'm guessing here, though).
@Dutch does your build have a debug mode or any logging turned on? Without this I can't see how you could track down the cause. What are BA saying about this?
My sense as well is that it is a collision issue, that bats and pads in some cases are being mistakenly identified with each other.......

Plotinus

Associate Captain
General question to anyone who spends any time batting in ProCam: Have you encountered a weird glitch where the camera starts to drift as the bowler runs in? I get this every now and then (for some reason I think it happens more frequently in the 2nd innings). It starts moving to face the cover region and gets worse to the point where, at the point of delivery, the camera is facing towards gully making any shot virtually impossible. The only workaround is to quit out of the match and then go back in, which isn't ideal. Very annoying when it happens...but is it just happening to me?

Plotinus

Associate Captain
My sense as well is that it is a collision issue, that bats and pads in some cases are being mistakenly identified with each other.......
Yes I had a caught off pad today. First career match for England, so I turned on the commentary for the first time too. Slats even said, "He pads that one away"... the bat was nowhere near the ball and it was still given out caught...needless to say, the batsman didn't review either (though I understand that BARS is coming back with the patch when it gets released). Do BA issue build notes to the beta team that outline what fixes and tweaks they've made from build to build? I'm assuming that these two specific issues will get covered in one of the builds before release.

D

Dutch

General question to anyone who spends any time batting in ProCam: Have you encountered a weird glitch where the camera starts to drift as the bowler runs in? I get this every now and then (for some reason I think it happens more frequently in the 2nd innings). It starts moving to face the cover region and gets worse to the point where, at the point of delivery, the camera is facing towards gully making any shot virtually impossible. The only workaround is to quit out of the match and then go back in, which isn't ideal. Very annoying when it happens...but is it just happening to me?
Never had that before!

D

Dutch

Yes I had a caught off pad today. First career match for England, so I turned on the commentary for the first time too. Slats even said, "He pads that one away"... the bat was nowhere near the ball and it was still given out caught...needless to say, the batsman didn't review either (though I understand that BARS is coming back with the patch when it gets released). Do BA issue build notes to the beta team that outline what fixes and tweaks they've made from build to build? I'm assuming that these two specific issues will get covered in one of the builds before release.
Yes there are notes of what has been fixed and tweaked each time. I can only imagine that this is a crucial fix and one needing absolute attention.....believe me I am on to it! It wont be because they didn't know about it! This is up there with batsmen not being able to make it back to their crease because the button doesn't react......nothing wrong about being stumped but it has to be because you were not quick enough to get back in and not because the button just doesn't react....

chaman82

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Happens to me randomly but only while playing online....
Offline never have happened..

Have reported it way back thx for u to bring this up again.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
When this elusive super-update finally arrives, please, please let it include a permanent fix to the tweaking annoying caught behind bug whereby the game continues as if you just imagined the previous 30 seconds of play. This is much more deserving of attention, in my opinion, than improving the affects of pitch wear and even improving the AIs response to the way the match is going (which admittedly are drastically required also), which is all I seem to see talk of whenever beta testing is mentioned.
That is something we all agrees needs to go. I believe Matt is trying to get to the bottom of it.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Happens to me randomly but only while playing online....
Offline never have happened..

Have reported it way back thx for u to bring this up again.
Well in one way, I'm glad it's not just me...but it must be very annoying for online...at least with single player you can quit and relaunch without annoying someone else. I hope that this is on BA's list of things to fix. I really like ProCam, and particularly like the way, in Ashes, it no longer flicks to running cam until after you hit the run button, but this drifting glitch is very annoying when it happens.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
I never seen this issue until now as i always play with fully assisted fielding.

Users who are viewing this thread