TENNIS AO Tennis

kamy100

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I find that If I let go of the button and try to press as smooth and rhythmically like real tennis I get the best results...you have to relax and you have more time than you think!!

I'll give that a go Dutch as other than that timing shots I can see some potential in this game, no where near the finish product but it does have potential.

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
@mikeymerren

I am going to be very distant to what I normally discuss on this forum...you mention you are going to look into the effects of sidespin on the ball? Why???

Ok I was kidding, I am ecstatic that you, the one and only @mikeymerren in which we trust, is mentioning this on his discord post!!

....or in purely my own case yourself and Mr Jurgen Klopp....could both, or either of you, make my life much happier with whatever either or both of you create for me!!!!

@mikeymerren can hopefully make that ball have realistic movement on ground strokes, and Mr Jurgen Klopp can ensure that Liverpool, later today, win that Cup ***

*** This might be lost on Americans who know nothing about "Soccer".....

;)

;))))))

@mikeymerren

Is it possible that you will be introducing sliders for AO Tennis, similarly to the DBC and Ashes games?

i.e if you are offering soon some game speed modifiers and ball speed modifiers, and then also introduce spin modifiers for top/side/bottom then you truly are making this game become the moddable in terms of ball speed/physics etc of all time! And I, as well as I am sure thousands of others, will agree!

Last edited:

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
My first match in a while, and first since the patch. I reached the semi-final at Lille with a 1-6, 6-3, 6-1 win. I was certainly rusty at the start, but it's not easy finding a block of time to play a complete match. Can't wait for the save feature.

There's definitely movement problems, but those are known, and there were more times than before when my player just stood still when he was in position to hit. Also, it's really annoying when my opponent is sending me wide, and the only shot I can hit is down the line. But that could well be because I'm not good enough yet to hit a different shot.

My timing is getting better. If I press the button as soon as my opponent hits the ball, and release earlier than I was doing, I hit more green shots.

A couple of interesting comments from Mike Merren:

upload_2018-5-25_22-20-47.png

And in response to a request to be able to mod the animations:

upload_2018-5-25_22-22-17.png

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After some confusion whether to buy TWT or AO, I decided and brought AO Tennis for PC and I hope it gets better with the patches to come.

D

Dutch

I'll give that a go Dutch as other than that timing shots I can see some potential in this game, no where near the finish product but it does have potential.
How you getting on???

On another note the game had a 9.9 GB update/reinstall yesterday????????

kamy100

Associate Captain
How you getting on???

Still struggling but am getting a little better. I think I just suck at this game. Playing on Amateur I can win a couple of games each set but that is about it!

D

Dutch

Still struggling but am getting a little better. I think I just suck at this game. Playing on Amateur I can win a couple of games each set but that is about it!
I am now winning games quite easily on Amateur so stick at it! i couldn't get a point to start with!!

kamy100

Associate Captain
Thanks Dutch, that gives me hope. I am deffo going to stick with it as even though I keep losing I enjoy the game!

D

Dutch

Thanks Dutch, that gives me hope. I am deffo going to stick with it as even though I keep losing I enjoy the game!
yeah it is good.....still hoping for the save game ability because three sets in a row is just not always possible for me....

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How you getting on???

Played the new patch and it definitely feels different to last week. Running is more smooth and difficulty makes a difference. Also noticed a big difference between higher skilled and lower skilled players. Whipped someone in Rd 1 with an overall 50 or so and played del potro in the next rd and got thumped 6-0 6-1. I think I only scored 11 points the entire game or something.

D

Dutch

Played the new patch and it definitely feels different to last week. Running is more smooth and difficulty makes a difference. Also noticed a big difference between higher skilled and lower skilled players. Whipped someone in Rd 1 with an overall 50 or so and played del potro in the next rd and got thumped 6-0 6-1. I think I only scored 11 points the entire game or something.

So is this ps4 and which patch do you mean... I had an update yesterday that basically was the entire game again...unless it is just a steam thing....

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So is this ps4 and which patch do you mean... I had an update yesterday that basically was the entire game again...unless it is just a steam thing....

Yeah yesterday there was a huge 12gig patch on PS4 too. Ross posted patch notes on his twitter.
Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 11.18.43 AM.png

D

Dutch

It would be so handy for them just to publish notes at the place you purchased the game from i.e steam!

Users who are viewing this thread