Pace bowler release timing feedback window

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
I've been watching someone playing the game on Youtube with what looks like the Playstation console version of the game and I noticed that the pace bowling release feedback window was showing 'effort ball'....presumably when he uses the faster ball modifier as his bowler runs in to bowl. This effort ball never shows on my Xbox version of the game. Is it a console variation or post patch thing? Or could my controller be faulty?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I've been watching someone playing the game on Youtube with what looks like the Playstation console version of the game and I noticed that the pace bowling release feedback window was showing 'effort ball'....presumably when he uses the faster ball modifier as his bowler runs in to bowl. This effort ball never shows on my Xbox version of the game. Is it a console variation or post patch thing? Or could my controller be faulty?
Effort ball is hold R2 while bowling

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
From what I've noticed, it says 'Effort Ball' only when the release is perfect. Otherwise it says Good/Ok/Early.

Also, for effort ball, you need to hold R2 until the ball has been delivered. Just pressing it once doesn't do.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Effort ball does work and has an effect of the Xbox One I throw one down every couple of overs.

rasdan

Club Captain
Effort ball does work and has an effect of the Xbox One I throw one down every couple of overs.

my issue is that an effort ball is never indicated at all,i hold the right trigger at the beginning of the delivery until the end but it never indicates ive bowled an effort ball.am i doing it wrong?maybe it is the timing issue as has been mentioned

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
From what I've noticed, it says 'Effort Ball' only when the release is perfect. Otherwise it says Good/Ok/Early.

Also, for effort ball, you need to hold R2 until the ball has been delivered. Just pressing it once doesn't do.

I believe this is correct - certainly matches my observation

Users who are viewing this thread