Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I keep saying people say “although this and that is wrong the game is way ahead of 19 etc etc”

I have spent hours testing. And then tweaking etc etc.

Genuinely gameplay wise I’d love to know what people think 22 does better than 19 in terms of the AI and how a match plays out.

Yes actions etc are nice but means nothing when the AI are batting on Day 5 550 runs ahead and don’t fancy a declaration..

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I just got introduced to the new T20 intro including scary music!

One thing I noticed which is hopefully proof that they act on tickets (Can count a few examples now) that myself and others submit is that they got the PowerPlay commentary correct. It wasn’t an over too early. I mean it’s only taken how many games?!

I also remain impressed that the commentary recognises at least some first and surnames of my created players. I’m not sure if this is because I’ve created licenced players so it sort of recognises the combo, Eg: it says Ben Duckett even though he’s my own created Ben Duckett. I need to listen out to check with the likes of Ben Coad etc.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
@MattW
Human batting is good now but the thing missing is ball beating the bat. The ball beats the bat currently only if we play wrong line (way too wrong line).
Sometimes if the ball is pitching around offside 6th stump and if i try to play between point and cover and if the ball is an off cutter or inswinger thats coming in then the system automatically tries to play the ball towards mid off like a replacement shot. Note that my shot replacement modifier is off and i am playing with batting modifiers between hard and hardest.
Ideally the ball should beat the bat. If this can be fixed then we can get more bowleds and lbws while human batting.

Also can we have this kind of ball beating the bat by increasing the modifiers like miss skill input influence or any other relevant modifier.

Last edited:

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
What i quite like to get clarity on is with the AI sliders do they act for both teams? So for example if the wicket chance is at 60 does this mean that both teams have this chance rate of getting out or is it only for the team that I'm against. Its hard to get the balance of my player getting wickets at a decent average but not allowing the AI to get bowled out by other AI players for low scores. Hope that makes sense.

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
One thing I want to see is batting being tweaked just to have the ability to play the same type of shots that the AI plays. Especially, that leg side flick shot. I've tried to replicate that every batting style in game to no avail.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
What i quite like to get clarity on is with the AI sliders do they act for both teams? So for example if the wicket chance is at 60 does this mean that both teams have this chance rate of getting out or is it only for the team that I'm against. Its hard to get the balance of my player getting wickets at a decent average but not allowing the AI to get bowled out by other AI players for low scores. Hope that makes sense.
Yes crystal as far as I'm concerned but I feel that slider is for both but I think mainly on the simulate the game phase, it may mean the AI in general as I have pushed this right down towards the thirties and I simulate the innings for the opposition to reach 120 I then simmed my team and they reached 112 all out so the AI think I think affects this but could reflect on the AI in general? Again clarity is needed and I hope this is answered and not ignored.
Post automatically merged:

Yes need to be fixed
Agree.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I would say having the ability to bowl an over and not be smashed around with the odd boundary off the over than being carted around most balls, in laymans terms you must be able to bowl a maiden sometimes. Again, it seems so scripted to have five dots and then get smashed as if the AI has to keep up with a pre determined run rate.
Use 18 run rate in first class matches. If you bowl decently with good field placements you will get maidens.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Which controls u played that shot ? I dont get lofted shot in this . can u get SIX in this shot ? tried ? i think BA hasnt given this shot in any of games . SIX loft in this position shot is impossible in BA games :( Sadly
That shot played by computer

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Observed couple of bugs as never in game before latest patch

1. You took single run and ur shot hit to bowling end stumps but successfully completed 1 run, on next ball no single considered instead only crossing

2. Overs left or runs reqd situation hanged very often specially when needed runs less than 10 till when u took last run

3. I played shot and took three runs, during 3rd run, AI fielder threw ball to keeper end where my player already grounded. Other end player stopped completing 3rd run and stand in mid of pitch. Score counted as 2 where as crossing was correct as per 3 runs

Hence proved, every patch brings new type of bugs which were not present in previous version.

Users who are viewing this thread