Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

caprikaps

Club Captain
I think batting, bowling and fielding are okay now. I know there are still a few bugs but i guess we all can agree that we can live with that but what we dont want is in trying to fix those small remaining bugs, other things get broken.
The only thing that remains unfixed is AI. AI field settings, AI bowling lengths, effect of weather conditions on game, effect of new ball in the game and Batting with LHB(which will automatically get fixed if AI Field positions and owling lengths are changed).
So Apart from AI @MattW its a request let other things as they are now with current patch. I think most of the people here will agree that we won't be able to get a 100% bug free game.
Only request is to change mentioned AI things.
I second this. The prime focus should be getting the AI fixed/tuned/realistic etc. and rest can follow in piecemeal.

Also @MattW - Just checking, the catching mini game on semi assisted field is still not working fine, the reactions times are too quick and we miss most of the catches.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I'm part way through a test when the new patch dropped and I'm still not out on day 2 so I can only talk about batting. Generally it seems like it's playing well.

I would echo the comments though about catches, the AI just doesn't drop them. If this could be adjusted slightly so that perhaps 1 in 10 edges or 1 in 20 high dollies are dropped that would be a bit more realistic.

AI field placings need work too again, I'm not a programmer but is it really difficult to program the AI to put in a square leg and a fine leg to the left hander and bowl outside off? As someone mentioned it's a different game when the lefties are in, it's actually got to the point where I've taken out Malan and Burns out of the England team as they were too easy to bat with.

Will update about bowling when India take these final 3 wickets. Hopefully I'll be seeing a nice variety of wickets including edges to keeper and 1st slip, some play and misses and AI playing the ball on it's merits rather than being programmed to hit another boundary as its been a while.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I'm part way through a test when the new patch dropped and I'm still not out on day 2 so I can only talk about batting. Generally it seems like it's playing well.

I would echo the comments though about catches, the AI just doesn't drop them. If this could be adjusted slightly so that perhaps 1 in 10 edges or 1 in 20 high dollies are dropped that would be a bit more realistic.

AI field placings need work too again, I'm not a programmer but is it really difficult to program the AI to put in a square leg and a fine leg to the left hander and bowl outside off? As someone mentioned it's a different game when the lefties are in, it's actually got to the point where I've taken out Malan and Burns out of the England team as they were too easy to bat with.

Will update about bowling when India take these final 3 wickets. Hopefully I'll be seeing a nice variety of wickets including edges to keeper and 1st slip, some play and misses and AI playing the ball on it's merits rather than being programmed to hit another boundary as its been a while.
I’ve had a number of dropped catches whilst batting (career mode) in the slips aswell on nought last night apart from the fielding placements the AI is playing out pretty damn good for me

Hester

County Cricketer
Surprised me that.

Out of interest to everyone with a Series X my controller flashes before the crash. I have an official, but customer controller. I.E not the original with the console. Clutching at straws but those with the issue using a custom controller?
I get the same flashing too, with the controller it came with.

Hester

County Cricketer
I have a PS5, so this isn't a problem for me, but I have been seeing this come up for quite a while now and I feel a bit of concern for Xbox Series X users who're getting this extremely worrying crash. Bringing a console to full shutdown is serious.

I'd encourage any Xbox Series X users who experience it to note down anything and everything that could be relevant about the crash. Which menu are you generally in, is it crashing in-game, pause menu? What changes have you made? Created a player etc?

Tarrantino has made a good start there with noting something to do with his usage (custom controller) and it flashing. Maybe even start a thread, could find something for BA to go on.
It has happened to me while batting, while bowling, in the downloading from academy screen, changing lineups, exiting a match.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We're the wickets all taken in a specific way (bat/foot pad, caught behind ect)?

Reckon that's just the game engine unfortunately
Seems to be a bit more noticeable since the last patch though. There would be some magnetic ball stuff, but you would only notice in replay mode at slow motion but not its quite visible during live gameplay.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
We're the wickets all taken in a specific way (bat/foot pad, caught behind ect)?
Three of them were caught at leg slip and short leg. Two of them were bat/pad and one was a sweep shot. Other two dismissals were bowled and caught behind.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Seems to be a bit more noticeable since the last patch though. There would be some magnetic ball stuff, but you would only notice in replay mode at slow motion but not its quite visible during live gameplay.

Must say I've never noticed it, but I also couldn't tell you the last time I was caught by anyone other than the slips or keeper. Except for maybe one leading edge.

Three of them were caught at leg slip and short leg. Two of them were bat/pad and one was a sweep shot. Other two dismissals were bowled and caught behind.

Still seems like it's the close catching that's OTT then.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Still seems like it's the close catching that's OTT then.
Looks like it. Gonna try with with no fielders around the bat. But should say that at least one wicket should have been taken by the pace bowler at the other end given the conditions. I bowled 13 overs with Mohammad Shami at one end and the other end with Ashwin just to see if spin is still OP after changing some slider settings

wav

School Cricketer
Bookmark it. They will tweak the spinners completely full 180 and they will barely take any wickets next patch :lol You just know it.
Post automatically merged:

Considering this isn't their first Cricket game, you'd think they have the wicket likelihood close to spot on by now depending on pitches. It doesn't take Einstein to know pace takes more on green decks, spinners take more on dry, rough decks.

wav

School Cricketer
Looks like it. Gonna try with with no fielders around the bat. But should say that at least one wicket should have been taken by the pace bowler at the other end given the conditions. I bowled 13 overs with Mohammad Shami at one end and the other end with Ashwin just to see if spin is still OP after changing some slider settings
yeah so many wickets to the close in fielders or the superman keeper for spinners is the issue. I just hope they don't tune it 180 like I said where it never happens.

Users who are viewing this thread