Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is this MattW when reading the comments on weather here?

Played a day of a Test with some minor tinkering to sliders.

Chose to bowl on grassy/dry wicket (Comms said bat). Got Afghanistan 69-4, two wickets for pacers but when I struck first ball with spin then a run out, I was worried… cue a 150 run partnership and a wicketless session!

Fought back with wickets courtesy of spin late in the day. This is having reduced the turn and drift etc of my spinners a few days ago. They finished 270ish-7 at the end of day one.

Beat the batsmen a few times and edges (Flying for fours and sixes) too. Have recently taken majority of ODI wickets with pacers but Tests, T20s and T10s have been spin dominated. Anyway, last patch and this all adding up to game been more competitive and rewarding. Arcade batting and toss it up bowling was just going through the motions!

Did have a glitch where fielding circle came up for keeper but ball rolled to slips. Circle/line stayed on screen but fielder wouldn’t pick up so had to exit.

Oh and I usually have clouds by the way, not dark, but clouds with some light shining through!
I too am having a test match with partly cloudy to overcast conditions at times even. First time really I have seen this. The patch is positive so far

Plotinus

Associate Captain
I took this patch out for a spin. Career mode as English legspin allrounder vs India in a test in England. Just one match, so not an extensive test. Did I take lots of wickets? Yes, 13 in the match including 9 in the second innings at 1.8. Where there any caught off the boot? About 4 out of the 13. Interspersed with these were some authentic looking bat-pad dismissals and some thin edges to the keeper. No LWBs or bowled. So generally felt fairly similar to previous patches. However, there was one catch at deep square leg that had the fielder running in from the boundary to take the catch. He wasn't sprinting and diving so it wasn't spectactular, per se, but the fact that he ran in and took the catch rather than letting it bounce infront of him was a really pleasant surprise. Generally I think that fielding has come a long way since launch.

I should really try other modes, as Career Mode seems increasingly flawed the longer I play it. It's not patchable as the overall design seems to have significant issues and then the errors in implementing this design are layered on top. There is no sense of earned progression in Career Mode. The journey to international stardom is broadly inevitable no matter what you do. There are no challenges or setbacks to overcome. I do hope that, if there is another version, they redesign Career Mode from the ground up.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just played an hour after latest patch update and it’s the most I’ve enjoyed since I bought the game.

Only played 2 ODI’s on career mode but so much seems to have improved.

I haven’t changed any sliders to nerf the spinners recently and the AI at last seem to be able to play against spin. My player is a spinner on 95 rating and until now it’s been too easy and got pretty boring but after todays patch it feels like a new game the AI goes after me and been playing a lovely range of shots instead of just freezing waiting to be dismissed…I finished first game 2-37 and second 3-51 and before today I was getting ridiculous returns like 5-12 and 7-18.

The fielding has livened up even more and feels much more authentic as has the WK with no more crazy catches and everything just feels nice and smooth. Lovey stuff
What sliders are you using now? I am still struggling to get a hang of it as my spin bowlers keep taking wickets. I'm sure there is a much better slider setting than the one Im using which is causing the issues.
One difference I see is that there were no bat-boot catches in the 10 overs I bowled with Lyon & Agar. Also, there was an edge that the WK didnt go for like he would hv done earlier.

England scored around 18/2 in 10 overs in WACA - Medium Std Pitch,
Spin revo and drift both at 24 and bounce at 30
Spin bowling difficulty 95
Legend AI with Striker Timing 90

An interesting note is that both the dismissals and other close ones were while bowling to the middle leg stump line to the batsmen and they were getting out by hitting it to leg slip.
i'll upload the vid tmoro.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Not too sure about ai agression last over batting first in a t20 with only 4 wickets down no attempt at big shots.Overall the game is the best its been imo .Big shame it wasn't like this when it was released.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
@MattW I have been noticing this since the beginning and I thought maybe I am playing it wrong but I don't think so any more. Anytime there is a slightly wide outside off ball and I try to get in line and block the batsman does this weird thing of moving the opposite way and tries to block. Below are two examples for both rhb and lhb. I am using classic controls with left stick as foot placement and right stick for shot selection. Both times I pushed the left stick diagonally towards the ball and tried to defend. Make note that when the ball is closer to the stumps this exact same input would make them block perfectly by getting in line. This only happens when the ball is a bit wider off the stumps.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW I have been noticing this since the beginning and I thought maybe I am playing it wrong but I don't think so any more. Anytime there is a slightly wide outside off ball and I try to get in line and block the batsman does this weird thing of moving the opposite way and tries to block. Below are two examples for both rhb and lhb. I am using classic controls with left stick as foot placement and right stick for shot selection. Both times I pushed the left stick diagonally towards the ball and tried to defend. Make note that when the ball is closer to the stumps this exact same input would make them block perfectly by getting in line. This only happens when the ball is a bit wider off the stumps.

Ball is quite wide, I would say it defaults to that movement as there is no footwork or movement in the world for the batsman to get over to the ball. I've noticed it too and it only happens with wide/ish balls so its probably by design.

cricboi

Club Captain

I asked about this a few weeks back and got similar answers. I use different controls but I was told that it automatically does that animation when you have no chance of blocking an outside ball. It would ideally be better if the shot triggered led to a straighter shot and then maybe the potential edges (to punish us for the misplay) but I think we might have to accept that on shots that the game deems unplayable it triggers slow mo opposite direction animations.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Striker timing 60
Wicket chance 30
Pitch friction 35
Spin flight 35

Also lowered revolutions and drift a little bit and used "Hard" difficulty for bowling.

These settings are for test matches. For limited overs I have increased run rate to 57 for t20 and 54 for odi. Wicket chance at 40. Everything else other than the above changes are default

It won't be perfect but I am pretty sure you will have a better experience than what you are having by using default sliders.
How does it affect the pace bowlers? By lowering the wicket chance and other settings. Doesn'tit make pace bowling impossible. Like already pacers don't get wickets.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
What sliders are you using now? I am still struggling to get a hang of it as my spin bowlers keep taking wickets. I'm sure there is a much better slider setting than the one Im using which is causing the issues.
One difference I see is that there were no bat-boot catches in the 10 overs I bowled with Lyon & Agar. Also, there was an edge that the WK didnt go for like he would hv done earlier.

England scored around 18/2 in 10 overs in WACA - Medium Std Pitch,
Spin revo and drift both at 24 and bounce at 30
Spin bowling difficulty 95
Legend AI with Striker Timing 90

An interesting note is that both the dismissals and other close ones were while bowling to the middle leg stump line to the batsmen and they were getting out by hitting it to leg slip.
i'll upload the vid tmoro.
I’ll put my slider settings up after work today mate but physic wise it’s more or less default at the minute the only thing I’ve touched is visual speed on 90 (pace) and 85 (spin) and increased revs to 40 one of the wickets was pat cummins (yes he’s still playing 12 years in) was an inside edge and there was no noise but the I was certain it hit something so appealed and snicko got him it was very satisfying. AI veteran run rate default wicket chance 50 timing 45

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’ll put my slider settings up after work today mate but physic wise it’s more or less default at the minute the only thing I’ve touched is visual speed on 90 (pace) and 85 (spin) and increased revs to 40 one of the wickets was pat cummins (yes he’s still playing 12 years in) was an inside edge and there was no noise but the I was certain it hit something so appealed and snicko got him it was very satisfying. AI veteran run rate default wicket chance 50 timing 45
So there are faint edges in the game? I have never had a case of this, it is always a case of no sound, no edge, so good to know this exists. Another gripe I have is with LBW's, you know it's out when the batter animation is triggered where they shake their head after being struck on the pad (the same animation as when they are bowled out).

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
So there are faint edges in the game? I have never had a case of this, it is always a case of no sound, no edge, so good to know this exists. Another gripe I have is with LBW's, you know it's out when the batter animation is triggered where they shake their head after being struck on the pad (the same animation as when they are bowled out).
Yeh it was great best wicket I’ve taken and after that I’m starting to think have I missed out on more as I always just listen for a noise. And I agree on the lbw reaction would be nice if the batter just stood their ground until a decision was made.

Hester

County Cricketer
I've set up a custom competition - a 3 match test series in England - but I can't change the month it starts. The game defaults it to January.
When I set up the 1st match, I can change the season as usual, but when the game starts it's obviously still January because its 6 degrees and dark as f....it's very dark.

Does anyone know how to change the month a competition starts or if it's even possible??

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Just bowled a session for the first time in about a month and the difference is astounding. Feels like the bowling actually matters and plans could actually come off which is a far cry from where we were. It was genuinely fun.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Just bowled a session for the first time in about a month and the difference is astounding. Feels like the bowling actually matters and plans could actually come off which is a far cry from where we were. It was genuinely fun.

Good to see people having fun with bowling. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the best feeling you can have while playing a cricket game

Users who are viewing this thread