Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

joeb86

Club Captain
Will there be a list of which players have been added in the new update? Will be great to replace them all with the better community versions :laughter:

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So is the patch good or bad? Away from home and just wondering.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
well the good the bad and the ugly
The good field placings seem to be more reactive now .Not possible to hit 6 balls all in the same place for same result
The bad .The hundred may have updated the players but its still the 2021 fixture list and the stats are out of sync as well.For example i am playing as David Weise and although the team has played 4 games - only remember playing 3 the stats are showing that i have played 8 games along with other players.I am guess that players that moved teams haven't been done properly or there are 2 David Weise's knocking around.
The ugly.Went 3-0 up in the ashes series no mention of winning the ashes and was told on the bus that we need to keep it going.Then whisked off to the west indies for a cpl match.

Disappointed that the hundred hasn't been implemented properly.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
Played for a couple of hours, apart from unrealistic edges while playing on the leg side mostly edging to mid-on (some unrealistic off-side edges as well like shot to third-man edging to mid-off), the Gameplay, in general, looked solid, fielding and AI bowling is very much improved, saw only one instance of lazy Feilding in 2 hours gameplay

4.5/5 this patch for the gameplay, just need some tightening more, Hopefully next major update is career mode focussed.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
Not sure we're expecting another major patch? Happy to be proven wrong though.
After last patch If I was playing this game directly after Cricket 19 then I would have given it a solid 4/5 for the complete product , Two hours might be too little to see the uglier side but hopefully things have back to being best.

Regarding the next patch, I am pretty sure there will be at least one more otherwise BAS wouldn't have told @JNT BA to interact with the community few days before the releasing the already made patch.

@MattW @JNT BA Are there any plans for club cricket , fc cricket and international cricket bowlers having different fast bowling speeds in next patch or so? That post of mine was liked by Ross on twitter and now by JNT BA so surely there is hope right? It will be a good little competition to see you battling out with your AI teammate on whom being quicker later on in career mode.

One more thing I would like to add that AI players not improving dynamically in club cricket bug and young players not in playing XI for first season suddenly going from late 30s to early 60s in next season after playing their first game of second season is also present in the latest patch

Last edited:

Kart7

School Cricketer
Has anyone tried Online mode after the latest patch? Co-op / vs AI...

1) If you wish to save and return for later, it sends the link to the other player, but doesn't load the game any more.
2) When you mute a friend, it does not reflect the mute at all. One can still hear the voice from the friend's microphone.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pretty decent patch.
But the issue of Right arm bowlers to LHB and Left arm bowlers to RHB still a big issue. Most of the deliveries end up on the middle and leg stump.
Fielding looks to have improved a bit with regards to unnecessary dives.
Leg side shots seem a bit less powerful than before. (good thing)
Lighting especially the irritating dark flood light print on the pitch in English stadiums has been toned down. (excellent although there is some new flickering which is a bit jarring on those shadows)
MOST IMPORTANTLY - one of the most irritating aspect of the game that I had, batsmen playing every shot with an exorcist-like twisted neck towards square leg (for which I even raised a ticket ) has been fixed!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread