Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hopefully this means an update for the Windies. Ross said this over on another forum about the upcoming AFL game.
Gonna get a legit Odean Smith
giphy.gif

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
New mocap animations ?? , hopefully they will add a tailender batting animations and some of those shots still applicable to good batsmens but with glaring weakness playing specific type of shots on a particular delivery,

zafar_sheikh

Club Captain
New mocap animations ?? , hopefully they will add a tailender batting animations and some of those shots still applicable to good batsmens but with glaring weakness playing specific type of shots on a particular delivery,
I think batting animation 6 is kind of tailender animation because for me batting with batting animation 6 is kind of difficult as compare to other animation. Specifically playing yorkers and full length balls... Always got bowled or edged to the keeper... IMO batting animation 3 is the best to play as it has better shots and footwork

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think batting animation 6 is kind of tailender animation because for me batting with batting animation 6 is kind of difficult as compare to other animation. Specifically playing yorkers and full length balls... Always got bowled or edged to the keeper... IMO batting animation 3 is the best to play as it has better shots and footwork
Batting style 6 is Elyse Villani if I remember correctly.

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
This is true. Batting animation 6 is difficult for playing yorkers or full length balls. I have downloaded Babar Azam from the community with bating style 6.This spoils the charm of batting of the likes of Azam. I have tried to change his batting style but it remains the same. Can Anyone help me out?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
This is true. Batting animation 6 is difficult for playing yorkers or full length balls. I have downloaded Babar Azam from the community with bating style 6.This spoils the charm of batting of the likes of Azam. I have tried to change his batting style but it remains the same. Can Anyone help me out?
Author has probably locked the player and you can't edit it.

zafar_sheikh

Club Captain
Mine was also the same... I changed his batting style to 3, looks more legit now

cricboi

Club Captain
took the post patch game for a hearty test drive and a bit frustrated that so many major issues are still not ironed out. I know BA occasionally reads these and are working hard but these three issues have not been addressed since last February.

1) Ball still travels through bowler when in career mode. Caught and bowled is basically impossible and when you revisit it on replay you can see the ball literally pass through the bowler's chest.

2) AI test bowling lengths are still off and top tier players (Broad, Cummins, Anderson) still bowl in a way that offers the easiest singles and 2s. As a result, a batter rarely feels under pressure. I have tried this will bowl quality at 0 and 99 and neither makes test lines more intelligent.

3) AI fields do not adapt to bowlers line or strategy.

Any suggestions from the other users as to how to make test batting more challenging? I play with Rumple's sliders btw.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
I had a complete game yesterday after such a long time (PS4) - just a few things to say that should/would like to be looked at. Generally a great game after a long long time.

I usually only play full T20s (simply because I can complete a game in an hour or so). With AI set to Legendary difficulty, Batting and Bowling are both set at Medium.

1. I find that the AI never seems to take singles and twos when batting. Usually during 6-14th over - the majority of the runs in a T20 are singles and twos followed by boundaries. There seems to be a lack of natural strike rotation, especially after a boundary. plus, missing the quick drop and runs especially when a tailender comes in.
2. Does the AI ever paddle a bowler especially when it's in the death overs - I have never seen it.
3. Most importantly, whenever I bowl at the start - I bowl it on a good length and swing it and get edges occasionally - yet it never carries to the keeper. I am not sure why. usually falls short of the keeper. I can understand playing it with soft hands but literally every ball that is edged either goes down to the third man if the batsman is trying to smash it out of the park - or drops short of the keeper when defending.

Advice - how do you bowl with spinners, especially in the middle over? I feel like I always get smashed out of the park with them. No matter if I spin it. Batsman just come out of the crease and smash it for six. Any suggestions?

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Started a T20 World Cup played as the West Indies v NZ first round. Got to say the game felt so much smoother and fluid fielding was better and had some genuine wickets. I got 4 with Joseph 3 of them caught behind genuine nicks and set up Nesham with a shot ball top edged to fine leg.

Batting wise I feel smoother to, I have played some good shots, some genuine edges and some good aggressive shots that haven't just been sky high some low flat hits. I am currently 6 for 135 chasing 170 with 4 overs left.

Ricky14

County Cricketer
@JNT BA Hi I am not sure if this is possible now..can BA think of making good designs of batting pads? like the one attached..this will make a game look better, AC09 had it and it looked really nice in the game. Probably this is my 3rd or 4th request and I apologise for that..I just want the game to look more realistic.IMG_20221011_031924.jpgIMG_20221011_031924.jpg

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
@JNT BA Hi I am not sure if this is possible now..can BA think of making good designs of batting pads? like the one attached..this will make a game look better, AC09 had it and it looked really nice in the game. Probably this is my 3rd or 4th request and I apologise for that..I just want the game to look more realistic.View attachment 271490View attachment 271490
Let me get this right with hundreds of gameplay breaking bugs which big any has not fixed you think they will bring new pads
well that's like bigant.

Users who are viewing this thread