Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hi I am not sure if this is possible now..can BA think of making good designs of batting pads? like the one attached..this will make a game look better, AC09 had it and it looked really nice in the game. Probably this is my 3rd or 4th request and I apologise for that..I just want the game to look more realistic.
This is one of my "Little Timmy" wishes too. Even DBC17 had a little more variety with the batting pads. At this stage all of my teams use batting pads style 4 and keeping pads style 5. I wish there was a little more variety. Something I have suggested before is, we have licenced bats/brands in the game, why not add some of the pads, gloves, arm guards and even shoes of those licenced brands to the game?? It shouldn't be that difficult?

And no, I'm not saying pads, gloves etc. is higher priority than the gameplay issues that desperately need attention. Those throw ins to the middle of the pitch and into the backside of the keeper still annoys the hell out of me, not to mention that horrible power dab between the keeper and 2nd slip off a spin bowler. Those two things will drive me insane one day. Haha

But I have been enjoying the game a lot more recently and I have been investing a little more time playing it. So yes it has come a long way, but it still has sooo much potential it isn't living up to, but with the community's input and suggestions hopefully one day we can have the ultimate cricket game. Fingers crossed.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
11 inside edges in 3 overs. Just because the scripting is poor and the AI have to get runs in any way possible. @JNT BA , you also confirmed my previous message about no feedback from BA regarding these type of issues. Still no word from patches too.

cricboi

Club Captain
Has the fielding got worse in the last few days? Suddenly I have fielders jumping out the way of balls, not bad that before

It's pretty insane how wildly inconsistent the gameplay is. You can have a pretty clean game one day and then the next every other return throw is going to the boundary.
One theory is that something about the way the game scripts or structures innings/games (total scores, run rate, etc.) combined with the ground's built in physics that does something that messes with the way fielding is executed.

Earlier, I thought maybe it has to do with the player ratings too and how they interact with each other but I've played a few tests in a row with the same squad and it still remains inconsistent.

The alternative (and probably more likely answer) is that the system is so deeply tweaked that they haven't figured out how the AI can consistently track a ball, pick it up fluidly, and throw it back in a somewhat right most of the time, but the actual solution still clearly eludes them.

Anyway, this is my weekly rant about how the fielding has been the most consistent problem and still feels second rate (which again, is unfortunate because bowling and batting is SO much fun).

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’m playing a World Cup in India with @Rumple43 slider settings for Asia, the pitches are slow or medium with dusty/green or dusty setting but it seems difficult to hit boundaries for me or the AI. Is it pitches I’m using or anyone know of a slider I could tinker with to get more boundaries? Sorry if in wrong forum just this one seems used the most.

noys390

County Cricketer
Has the fielding got worse in the last few days? Suddenly I have fielders jumping out the way of balls, not bad that before
I too found that ball rolling beneath the diving fielder more often. If this happens in rare cases, then this is fine as all dives are not perfect.

joeb86

Club Captain
I too found that ball rolling beneath the diving fielder more often. If this happens in rare cases, then this is fine as all dives are not perfect.
In the same match (T20) I think it’s happened about 8 times. Twice in the same over too.

I’ve hardly seen this issue at all until this match

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
In the same match (T20) I think it’s happened about 8 times. Twice in the same over too.

I’ve hardly seen this issue at all until this match
I have had 3 dropped catches in a t20 game today

Lohit88

Club Cricketer
hey folks! I'm a returning player and after quite a while. was wondering if there is any ID from where I can download the proper 2022 teams that has correct rosters and uniforms? I've noticed multiple accounts, some got good rosters but doesn't have uniforms or vice-versa.
Any suggestions? :)

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
hey folks! I'm a returning player and after quite a while. was wondering if there is any ID from where I can download the proper 2022 teams that has correct rosters and uniforms? I've noticed multiple accounts, some got good rosters but doesn't have uniforms or vice-versa.
Any suggestions? :)

The one and only @wasteyouryouth has your needs covered.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I’m playing a World Cup in India with @Rumple43 slider settings for Asia, the pitches are slow or medium with dusty/green or dusty setting but it seems difficult to hit boundaries for me or the AI. Is it pitches I’m using or anyone know of a slider I could tinker with to get more boundaries? Sorry if in wrong forum just this one seems used the most.
The sliders were only ever designed and tested for red ball cricket, so it doesn't surprise me that they're a bit slow. No idea if the run rate slider would need attention for starters.

I've not been on in a while so my memory is a bit hazy, but either turn up the shot power in general, just so the ball is going further, or a better solution may be to turn up the ideal timing input boost. Can't remember what it is called exactly, but it provides an additional bonus for ideal timed shot inputs. That way only well hit shots go further.

Or potentially a combination of the two.

If you do find a good balance, shoot me a DM with what you changed. If I do come back to this game at some point it'll probably to play some quick and easy white ball stuff.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
The sliders were only ever designed and tested for red ball cricket, so it doesn't surprise me that they're a bit slow. No idea if the run rate slider would need attention for starters.

I've not been on in a while so my memory is a bit hazy, but either turn up the shot power in general, just so the ball is going further, or a better solution may be to turn up the ideal timing input boost. Can't remember what it is called exactly, but it provides an additional bonus for ideal timed shot inputs. That way only well hit shots go further.

If you do find a good balance, shoot me a DM with what you changed. If I do come back to this game at some point it'll probably to play some quick and easy white ball stuff.
I've played limited overs with your (fantastic) sliders. Only thing I really change is run rate (Keep that at about 55 and 30 odd for FC/Tests).

Last edited:

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer

Appreciate the reply mate, I put the run rate up from 45 to 56 and the AI were smashing a six every second over, so dropped that back to 45 and put Shot Force up from 27 to 34 and that seems to have done the trick.
Before AI shots into the gap barely went out of the circle, now they go all the way or 3/4 the way there. Much better and they even went after me in last 10 overs to set me 285 for victory. Before games were 170ish max in ODI.

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've found the game to be progressively worse. The fielders are diving randomly and the scripting is game breaking.

How is it that a company that has made iterations from DB14 can't get the basics right?

We are the suckers.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I've found the game to be progressively worse. The fielders are diving randomly and the scripting is game breaking.

How is it that a company that has made iterations from DB14 can't get the basics right?

We are the suckers.
BA are just useless and it shows by their lack of support. The basic things of cricket they cant get right and to leave game breaking bugs for such a long period is unacceptable. Then you get the staff that are just as ignorant as boss Ross. Just be straight forward with us, tell us that you can’t fix these bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread