Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Playcrick85

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have all BA cricket games except cric 22. I know the game is not perfect even after a year but wanted to check if its stable enough to enjoy with bugs here and there similar to older version. I play test and t20 and i hardly bowl. Bat both side. Always played with classic mode. Currently playing test series on cric 19 and still enjoying it so wondering if i should spend $60 or just continue enjoying cric 19. Appreciate your inputs.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
AI just cant play spin
Post automatically merged:

I have all BA cricket games except cric 22. I know the game is not perfect even after a year but wanted to check if its stable enough to enjoy with bugs here and there similar to older version. I play test and t20 and i hardly bowl. Bat both side. Always played with classic mode. Currently playing test series on cric 19 and still enjoying it so wondering if i should spend $60 or just continue enjoying cric 19. Appreciate your inputs.
Don't support a bug filled game.The batpad bug from cricket 19 is worse in cricket 22,the runouts in each innings will ruin test matches,Big ant in trying to make the game faster to get non hardcore cricket fans have made wicket keeper and close in fielders superhuman which ruins test matches

Last edited:

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
AI just cant play spin

Don't support a bug filled game.The batpad bug from cricket 19 is worse in cricket 22,the runouts in each innings will ruin test matches,Big ant in trying to make the game faster to get non hardcore cricket fans have made wicket keeper and close in fielders superhuman which ruins test matches
And also AI not making field changes even if you hit consecutive boundaries in the same area.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
I think for Cricket 23 they must include the feel of certain type of players for batting with new animations for ELEGANT STROKE MAKER (like Kohli , Babar , Williamson) who look so pleasing to the eyes and never looks like they will get out and they play elegant and stylish strokes with authority we should have a batting style resembling such type of players , NUDGER , A batter who use the pace of the ball to find gaps and doesn't look elegant at all while batting but he is mighty effective (M.Rizwan , Dwayne Bravo etc) MUSCLE PLAYER A batter who uses muscles and tries to hit the ball very hard whenever he plays , sometimes looks ugly while batting (Gayle , Afridi , Suryakumar) TAILENDER A Batter who even when he times the ball to the boundary looks downright ugly and there should be more types of ugly shots in this animation pack reflecting that the batter barely managing to put bat on the ball and really scared in playing the shots against pacers or a big turning spinner and having ugly looking defensive technique. MODERN BATTER, A cross breed between NUDGER and ELEGANT STROKE MAKER like most modern players of today , UNORTHODOX BATTER A unique kind of batting style with unorthodox shots like upper cut , dilscoop , helicopter , switch hit or a tennis shot to shot pitch delivery

Moreover these 6 batting style doesn't need to be rigid and users should have the flexibility to mix and match shot animations from each those 6 batting style creating truly unique players

For eg we can have a style cover drive from ELEGANT STROKE MAKER , brutal hoick over mid wicket from MUSCLE PLAYER and ugly looking backfoot late cut from TAILENDER batting style reflecting that this player is weak against quick short delivery. Morever the selection of shot animations from these style should also be dependent on attributes assigned for eg cover drive from elegant stroke maker can only be selected if you have ratings on offside and front foot ratings in the 85-99 range plus one day or test master batting perk for MUSCLE style cover drive these ratings should be in the 70-99 range plus must have atleast one power hitter perk for offside play for MODERN BATTER cover drive these ratings must be 55-99 or for an UNORTHODOX cover drive these ratings must be in the 45-99 for NUDGER it must be in the 35-99 and anything below 35 you can only select TAILENDER cover drive , This way we can truly create unique batters with specific weakness and strength and style according to their shot animations.

and the locking of shot animation based on ratings is only for lower skills and not for high skill, if you have ratings in the 90s and you want to pick a shot from TAILENDER STYLE you can still do so reflecting players like M.Rizwan who looks very ugly in playing some shots but still the No1. T20 batter in the world.

It will truly be an amazing experience in career mode where you can really improve your batsmen from ugly looking duck to Virat Kohli level flair and style.

In a similar way the bowling actions animation speed can be based on how quick the bowler is bowling for 120ks bowler the antimation speed should be lower and for 150k+ bowlers it should be high and more over the bowling action runup speed and intensity should also be based on your pace , it will make career mode more engaging and realistic , like you start of as a 110k bowler who jogs in and bowl some harmless pie with slowed bowling animation and after 10 years you are steaming in and bowling 150ks+ thunderbolts.

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think for Cricket 23 they must include the feel of certain type of players for batting with new animations for ELEGANT STROKE MAKER (like Kohli , Babar , Williamson) who look so pleasing to the eyes and never looks like they will get out and they play elegant and stylish strokes with authority we should have a batting style resembling such type of players , NUDGER , A batter who use the pace of the ball to find gaps and doesn't look elegant at all while batting but he is mighty effective (M.Rizwan , Dwayne Bravo etc) MUSCLE PLAYER A batter who uses muscles and tries to hit the ball very hard whenever he plays , sometimes looks ugly while batting (Gayle , Afridi , Suryakumar) TAILENDER A Batter who even when he times the ball to the boundary looks downright ugly and there should be more types of ugly shots in this animation pack reflecting that the batter barely managing to put bat on the ball and really scared in playing the shots against pacers or a big turning spinner and having ugly looking defensive technique. MODERN BATTER, A cross breed between NUDGER and ELEGANT STROKE MAKER like most modern players of today , UNORTHODOX BATTER A unique kind of batting style with unorthodox shots like upper cut , dilscoop , helicopter , switch hit or a tennis shot to shot pitch delivery

Moreover these 6 batting style doesn't need to be rigid and users should have the flexibility to mix and match shot animations from each those 6 batting style creating truly unique players

For eg we can have a style cover drive from ELEGANT STROKE MAKER , brutal hoick over mid wicket from MUSCLE PLAYER and ugly looking backfoot late cut from TAILENDER batting style reflecting that this player is weak against quick short delivery. Morever the selection of shot animations from these style should also be dependent on attributes assigned for eg cover drive from elegant stroke maker can only be selected if you have ratings on offside and front foot ratings in the 85-99 range plus one day or test master batting perk for MUSCLE style cover drive these ratings should be in the 70-99 range plus must have atleast one power hitter perk for offside play for MODERN BATTER cover drive these ratings must be 55-99 or for an UNORTHODOX cover drive these ratings must be in the 45-99 for NUDGER it must be in the 35-99 and anything below 35 you can only select TAILENDER cover drive , This way we can truly create unique batters with specific weakness and strength and style according to their shot animations.

and the locking of shot animation based on ratings is only for lower skills and not for high skill, if you have ratings in the 90s and you want to pick a shot from TAILENDER STYLE you can still do so reflecting players like M.Rizwan who looks very ugly in playing some shots but still the No1. T20 batter in the world.

It will truly be an amazing experience in career mode where you can really improve your batsmen from ugly looking duck to Virat Kohli level flair and style.

In a similar way the bowling actions animation speed can be based on how quick the bowler is bowling for 120ks bowler the antimation speed should be lower and for 150k+ bowlers it should be high and more over the bowling action runup speed and intensity should also be based on your pace , it will make career mode more engaging and realistic , like you start of as a 110k bowler who jogs in and bowl some harmless pie with slowed bowling animation and after 10 years you are steaming in and bowling 150ks+ thunderbolts.
It could probably use some fine-tuning, but feel like you've explained and asked for what is basically in the game now.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
It could probably use some fine-tuning, but feel like you've explained and asked for what is basically in the game now.
it's not in the game Cricket 22 now , I don't know why you said that.

Can we select individual shots animation from every batting style based on specific attributes? BIG NO.

We can only select full batting style in cricket 22.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
it's not in the game Cricket 22 now , I don't know why you said that.

Can we select individual shots animation from every batting style based on specific attributes? BIG NO.

We can only select full batting style in cricket 22.
I was REFERRING to the general concept of there being different styles with different shots, not the idea of creating custom styles.

Interestingly, someone else had a similar idea but they were banned shortly before you joined the site. You might have enjoyed exchanging ideas.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
I was REFERRING to the general concept of there being different styles with different shots, not the idea of creating custom styles.

Interestingly, someone else had a similar idea but they were banned shortly before you joined the site. You might have enjoyed exchanging ideas.
Yea I remember but it was a bit complicated it was based on that AI shot selection from ugly to good looking shots based on batter skills and timing of the shot which i think would be too complex to calculate in real time for the AI , it is better to manually assigned the shots based on batter skills so that no real time shot selection from a pool.

noys390

County Cricketer
I guess @Syed Bukhari87 talked something that is already in the game but not working properly. In other words, he explained how different batting styles would suite on different batting mentalities. Unfortunately the AI batting mentalities does not work as intended in cricket22. It appears to be that precision batsman does not play like a nudger but attacks as much as the aggressive batsman. The second unnecessary problem is BA has made all the batting styles un-editable for liscenced players. Only additional thing @Syed Bukhari87 mentioned is about the ugly shot animation, which is something good to have but not essential.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
My point is about deep customization , A player can be nudger on his offside game , muscle player on his leg side game , tailenderish against spin or shortpitch bowling and also possessing an elegant straight drive. Now this is truly customization.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I'd rather just have my fielder pick up the ball first than being able to select the exact cover drive animation I want.

My point is about deep customization , A player can be nudger on his offside game , muscle player on his leg side game , tailenderish against spin or shortpitch bowling and also possessing an elegant straight drive. Now this is truly customization.

I can't even begin to imagine how tough that would be and to ensure they all blend together for your created player. I'm no expert but I reckon that would be a complete nightmare

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If bigant cricket development team can fix the batpad,super keeper,super close in catchers,Runout bugs.Improve Ai batsman against spin,Make mentality work like ashes cricket 17,Make pitches different and pitch wear a factor,We will have a good cricket game .
I really wish they are capable of doing that at least in the next game (which most of us would be hesitant to pre-order or buy in the first week).

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's best to forget Cricket 22 or the hope of them fixing things. What are the chances that they will suddenly start fixing these bugs? I am having fun playing AC17 and Cricket 19 again.

Users who are viewing this thread