[ᴡᴘʟ] Women's Premier League (Feb 23 to Mar 17, 2024)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
8gu2jb.jpg

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That was a great game of cricket all around. Did not feel it was a "Women" game and felt like normal cricket. I am so happy for all these Women participating and getting the credit and dues. Sajana on debut hitting that 6 will remember that for the rest of her life. Franchise cricket irrespective of countries, make or make players.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Another good match. I think UP missed a trick in that last over. I'd have backed Ecclestone hitting two boundaries from the last five balls rather than giving the strike back to Deepti.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Haven’t been able to catch the games live since the first one but seems like the crowds are good.

Time for a sixth franchise I believe. Bin Gujarat Giants while we’re at it and then let’s have two new ones.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Haven’t been able to catch the games live since the first one but seems like the crowds are good.

Time for a sixth franchise I believe. Bin Gujarat Giants while we’re at it and then let’s have two new ones.
I'm not sure if there's quite the domestic talent for six teams yet. It could change quickly and there are seems a boost in quality this year. Since the regional structure change and The Hundred it feels like England have gone from not a lot of competition for the starting XI to a lot of competition just to get into the squad.

Mumbai are very dependent on their overseas while having very strong domestic talent. Likewise RCB.

Three teams have seemingly picked up the best Indian players while UP and Gujarat have fringe players. I wonder if it's down to the ownership.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

Crowds are good on account of the caravan model. Adding too many franchisees might not work right now. The league needs to mature and stand alone on its own for 3 seasons atleast, before once can even think of adding or swapping teams.

Users who are viewing this thread