[ᴡᴘʟ] Women's Premier League (Feb 23 to Mar 17, 2024)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The tournament draw isn't supposed to cater to everyone's needs. It is a BCCI domestic tournament. Players can move in/out as per their national duties demand them to.

BCCI will schedule it as per their own wishes. English players not being a part doesn't degrade the league.

Surprised that the English still believe they are supreme, after all these years!

It's not hard to cater to the needs of all teams in women's cricket, particularly if you want the best players in your tournament.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The BCCI honestly doesn't care about who turns up. They have their coffers filled up already. Unless the franchisees themselves ask the board to reconsider they probably wouldn't.

Furthermore, there also is the issue of the main IPL and the WT20. Definitely more eyeballs on that one.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Season kicks off tomorrow with DC v MI - a repeat of the 2023 final.

From and English fan POV, interested to see if Issy Wong can keep her place in the Mumbai side. Did very well last year but her form disappeared since then and they've signed Shabnim Ismail.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Not so much noise this time round! Given the caravan nature, I do feel it will attract some audience, but might not be to the extent that it did last year.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I keep getting ads for this every time I watch something on Jio. Gotta say that whilst I haven’t noticed any hype around it in my immediate circle, I’m not really the target audience for it.

Bevab

Staff Member
I'll be watching. Although I might have to dual-screen with PSL because Tall Paul Walter is making his debut.

I’ve been watching Indian league football till it starts but the game’s been so good that I may just stick to it if the cricket isn’t good.

Should have just gone to the stadium to watch this instead and had cricket on the solo screen I have. :D

Bevab

Staff Member
Early minutes but this seems like it’ll be a repeat of the final.

Bevab

Staff Member
Scratch that, seems like Capsey has other plans. Some incredible shots being played by her.

Users who are viewing this thread