Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters

gamerkid22

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wow awesome update mate. Kent have done really well to to pick up wickets in a short span of time. Kent have the game in their bag.

Sensational stuff mate. KUTGW :)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Windies have lost plenty of wickets and got themselves in a "hurry-burry!" :p And regarding the storyline and presentation, should I tell about it? It's fantastic and amazing as always, Tom :) Keep it up!

Highlander999

ICC President
Thank you everyone for the comments. Keep them coming. Just a little notice. You won't want to miss the next update :cool:

Highlander999

ICC President
Friday 5th April

The drinks had been taken off and the West Indies batsmen were getting ready to continue their innings. These were the last two recognised batsmen. Once we got them out we would be home and dry. Currently the spin of Jimmy and the medium pace of Darren were being used. Darren had had a great first over but his second over had been terrible. It was also a terrible one for me. Banks hit a superb cut shot and I was running at full pelt to stop it going for 4. I pulled out the dive.......... :eek: The ball bounced up and smacked me full on in the face. My nose started to bleed :mad: It was bloody painful. I picked the ball up and threw it back in. The physio came running over and took me off. He stopped the bleeding. Luckily my nose was not broken, but it had still hurt.

The next over was Jimmy's last. We really needed him to get a wicket. Banks had accelerated to 32* and was looking very confident. I had noticed that Banks was advancing quite a lot towards Jimmy. I ran over to him to give him some advice.

"Hey Jimmy. Have you thought about putting the faster ball in. It might surprise him. Your call though mate"

"Alright Tom, I'll give it a go."

This was a big milestone for me. It signified the team would listen to my opinion and if it was sound advie act on it. The next ball Jimmy put the faster ball in. And what a surprise, he got a wicket, bowling Banks. Jimmy pointed the finger at me and we both grinned. I was pretty pleased as it was my idea that had got us that wicket. But even though we had got the wicket the damage had been done. Those were 32 crucial runs.

74943111.jpg

There were now 8 overs left. It was time for me and Cooky to steal the show and bowl out the remainder of the match. I would be replacing Jimmy. I had a very defensive field with the main idea being that I save as many runs as possible. I would be bowling to Butler who was on 6*. It would be a great experience for me. I had a good think about my plan for this over. I decided that I would start with a couple of bouncers to soften him up and then go from there.

Cricket20052008-01-1720-23-27-45.jpg

Tom's Wonder Over (Hat-Trick Chance :D)

First and Second Ball 0-0-0-0

I marked out my run-up, 15 paces, the umpire lowered his arm and I began to run in. Just as I was about to jump, Butler raised his arm and backed away. Something had obviously disturbed him. I pulled out and looked behind. The advertisments on the sight screen were still going on. It took a couple of minutes for it to be sorted out. Finally I was ready. I came running in and released it. A perfect bouncer. It hit him straight on the helmet and made him stumble. I gave him a long glare. He just looked back at me. I had made my mark straight away. I decided another bouncer would be nice. I came running in and he gueesed correctly. He went to try and pull it. :eek:

He missed the ball, but it brushed his glove:

"HOWZAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Everyone in the circle shouted. The umpire however did not respond. He just calmly shook his head.

"What the hell!!!!!!! He must be blind. How could he not give that out. He must be bent"

"TOM!!! Control yourself" David called.

I was not happy. I was certain he was out.

My first two deliveries
Animation5.gif

I was pretty annoyed now. As I walked back past the umpire, he leant towards me.

"Mind your language or else I'll report you to the match referee. I did not hear any sound and so could not give it out. That is your first warning. Any more and you won't be bowling in this match again"

"Fine. Whatever :rolleyes:"

Third Ball 0.3-0-0-0

However even though I had not got a wicket I was still pleased. My first two balls had gone for no runs. Of my third ball of the over, I bowled a no-ball. This meant Lawson was still on strike, with a free-hit. Not a good situation to be in but better than bowling at Hinds. I spoke to David and we pushed everyone as far back as they could go. It wasn't to matter in the end as they were only able to manage a single of a perfect yorker. Hinds was now on strike.

Fourth Ball 0.3-0-4-0

Bouncing him would be very risky. Yorkers would be the key now. I was now quite nervous as I begun my run-up. This man could destroy me. I was really running in hard, my blood was pumping with the crowds cheers ringing in my ears. I bowled it. It was too full :eek: Hinds stepped back and launched it over my head. Crap that's a six. However it wasn't. A strong wind was blowing behind me and it held the ball up. Mike was underneath it. It was swirling around up there. I don't often pray but this time I was praying to anything that would listen that he would take the catch. As the ball descended he got himself into position. This would be it.

HE TOOK IT :happy:happy:happy

"YES!!!!! Mike you have a free pint on me this evening."

This was brilliant. I had got my first wicket against an international team. Everyone was running in and ruffling my hair and slapping me on the back. I felt so happy. This was the best part of my season so far. I felt like a God. No I was God :eek: (Too arrogant :p)

Cricket20052008-01-1720-24-14-31.jpg

Fifth Ball 0.4-0-4-1

I would now be bowling at Lawson. The batsmen had crossed. He was on 4*. I would really like his wicket as well. Well considering the yorker had worked last time I decided to try it again. No point in breaking a winning formula I thought. I came running in again. This time the adrenalin was pumping so hard that I think I bowled my fastest ever delivery. I was later to find out I had bowled my first ever ball 90mph+ :eek: Lawson never stood a chance. I doubt if Pietersen himself could have done anything against this delivery. He tried to slog me but completely missed. The ball shattered his stumps.

"OMG OMG OMG. This is amazing."

Everyone came running in once again. I was lifted right into the air this time by David and Cooky. The team were celebrating like we had won the match. Everyone was cheering and crying out my name. Even the crowd were chanting my name. What a feeling :)

Animated dismissal of Lawson
Animationbowled.gif

Sixth Ball (Hat-trick Ball:D) 0.5-0-4-2

It occured to me then. I'm on a hat-trick. It appeared David had also noticed. Everyone was brought in. I was given two slips and a gully. It was an extremely agressive field for a 20/20. It would only be for this one ball though. I would never have such a good chance to get a hat-trick. Let it be known that Best is not famed for his batting abilities. He is a true number 11. The question was could he survive this one ball?

At my mark, Martin came over to me.

"Tom. He'll be expecting the yorker. A good length delivery would be the perfect ball"

A double bluff then. I decided to take the advice of the senior bowler. A good length meant there were any number of ways he could get out. I started to run in. The crowd were all on there feet. The atmosphere was electric, you could almost touch it. I arrived at the crease, I released the ball. It slipped out of my hand :eek: It was too wide :eek::eek::eek: Best however followed it, he swung at it. It clipped the inside edge of his bat :eek::eek::eek::eek: It shattered the stumps :happy:happy:happy:happy

"YESSSSSSSSSS OMG A hat-trick"

I set of sprinting around the ground my shirt pulled over my head. I then went and ruined it by tripping over an advertising board :laugh I didn't care though. The team all caught up with me. I was carried into the dressing room on everyone's shoulders. It had been a wonder over. A hat-trick with only 4 runs being given away. I would be partying tonight.

Cricket20052008-01-1720-28-32-57.jpg

Up in the dressing room Gemma was there. She ran towards me and gave me a massive hug. The team all cheered even louder. You would have thought we had won the match. However if you looked at the score we were on the verge of doing just that. We had bowled the West Indies out for 150. Me and Martin had got 3 wickets each and Jimmy had got 4. Cooky hadn't even had to bowl. In the changing room the coach came in

"Well done lads, especially Tom on his first ever hat-trick. We are not there yet. We still have to get the runs. It's going to be hard work out there so don't get cocky. Just bat sensibly."

I only remembered then that we had to bat now. Christ, 20/20 was fast. Matty and David were already padded up.

Cricket20052008-01-1720-29-01-46.jpg

As Matty and David left, we all headed upstairs to the balcony. I was batting at number 7 and was not expecting to have to bat. Gemma was also up there and she lay against me in he chair her head on my lap :D I was in such a great mood. I was certain we could get those runs and win this match. Would we though?

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Brilliant stuff Tom! Seem to be finding your feet well at Kent. But I reckon 150 will be too much with their class and international experience. Nice update mate :)

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Liking the animations. I'll keep track of this.

Highlander999

ICC President
Thanks for the comments guys.

@ Will. That was only my first attempt. I'm going to slow it down next time and have more graphics and possibly text as well :)

biks76

Club Cricketer
I like the layout very much.Great update. Good to have your girl around when you take a hattrick!Congrats for bowling a maiden over and the hattrick.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Match comments:

Right Tom Baker has done the magic for Kent CCC. Sheriyar was the key for restricting the West Indians to 150. Although it isn’t going to be easy for kent to score 150 as it looks, they might be good enough.

Tom Baker:

The milestone of getting a hat-trick is completed. But there is a lot of things ahead of Tom, he should not relax at this stage and look to improve himself even more. He can become the greatest Cricketer ever, I can see the talent right in his eyes, like a Dog looking straight at a innocent kid.

Story:

* You need to move fast, up-en’ the pace of the story.
* More frequent updates, means more replies
* Better (more attractive) Graphical Signature will help alot.

Usy “Usman”
President of ECB

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Nice update!

Great hatrick for you there! Windies messed up everything! They could have got a better score but unfortunately the wickets of Lara and chanderpaul messed up their inning!

Users who are viewing this thread