Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters

tonka998

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Amazing to see this thread has attracted well over 22,000 views! :O Absolutely fantastic! Well done! :)

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
AHHhhHHHAHhh WOTTON!!!!

Good stuff tom, we all know your about to be called up so just get on with it lol, seems you have found a rival in Napier but

saladguy

PCPL Season 2: Outstanding Performer (Division 2)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Terrible loss for Glamorgan! Btw, it says Warwickshire Vs Kent ;)

Highlander999

ICC President
Slight problem guys, I was doing some fiddling and managed to wipe out the game files. No worry though as I hadn't really started I'll just need to create all the players again etc. Just means there is a slight delay

Highlander999

ICC President
Great news for Glamorgan

(I probably shouldn't be listening to Scooter on my iPod while I write this, so forgive any mistakes :p)

The day after our crushing defeat to Warwickshire we had all met up next to the pitch to discuss what had happened and where we could improve. The general consensus of opinion was that our batting had let us down on a very flat pitch, with weather conditions which made bowling not very easy. It was nice to go into depth about where we could improve, as at Kent we had tended to glaze over previous matches and it was hard sometimes to work out what we had to improve on. It soon became apparent there was a good bond between the senior players and the coaching staff and even us youngsters like myself and Tom Maynard were made to feel included.

I had spoken to Ian Wotton (God :p) our new batting coach, on what he felt I could improve on. He said he hadn't really seen me playing hook's and pull shots too well, and that those would be key on some of the harder pitches. However, as we began to get ready to begin training, coach stood up,

"Right guys, as I'm sure you are all aware, Glamorgan does nothave any Kolpaks in the squad and we plan on keeping it that way. However, unless you are Welsh :p (Crofty!!!) you will have noticed we only have one oversea player. Well yesterday that changed. I am delighted to announce that we have a new member of the team. Please would you all give a hand to Aussie hero, Shaun Marsh!!!!"

WOW!!!!!! this was massive news. You would have to have been living under a rock not to notice the way that Shaun Marsh had gripped the international scene with his sensational batting displays and crucial knocks. He emerged out of the pavillion with a nervous grin on his face and we all introduced ourselves. He was still pretty young, only 25 and he seemed like a decent lad, even though he was an Aussie :p He would be a useful member of the squad to have and hopefully he could have a massive effect on the team :)

Shaun making a big score for Western Australia
r246552_1007758.jpg

I spent the whole of that morning with a one on one coaching lesson with Wotton, really working over my technique, and by the end of it Ian was a lot more happier with my technique off the bat foot but felt I could still improve vastly. We spent lunch discussing the current England team and how they would do against South Africa in the upcmoming tour. We all agreed that KP would be the vital man and that the South African pace attack would give our weak middle order a good working over.

For the afternoon I was bowling in the nets. I was still struggling with my fitness, and I knew I would never be up in the nineties as I had been but would be in the mid-eighties. I just had to get used to it. However, I did seem to get a lot more swing than I used to and was now learning how to swing it back into the right hander :D As the session went on I noticed the coach had disappeared to put the squad up for the match vs Lancashire. He soon re-appeared. I was far too nervous and asked Cooky to check for me. At least he was certain of a place :( He soon re-appeared with a peculiar look on his face. I knew then that I hadn't made it :crying........

shefellover93

Club Cricketer
Unlucky mate, well I suppose it's back to square 1. Just be happy that you're still alive ;)

Shaun Marsh eh!! Hopefully that will mean you can put your feet up at number 3 in a few weeks time :D

tonka998

Club Cricketer
ahhh no.... not fit enough yet i see. But a good acquisition in the shape of Shaun Marsh - Im a big fan of his and lets hope his time will be successful! :)

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Unlucky mate. Better luck next time. Just improve your fitness and you will be selected again.

Great works Tom. Keep up the fantastic works!

Users who are viewing this thread