Bat making info

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Just to try and answer some of the questions about bat making it is quite hard to adapt the C2k4 bats into C2k5 ones as the logo size is the same width but a smaller height.
C2k5 bats have an extra area at the top which is the shoulder of the bat and the back and front faces are reduced in size.
This screenshot will hopefully give people an idea of what I am talking about.
All bats are 256 colour bmps and may need to be reduced by 2 bytes in size through hex editing before they are able to be imported (using fshed).

Attachments

• battemplate.jpg
    battemplate.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 484

dazza1974

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ive just downloaded a hex editor, can you tell me how to reduced the bat ive made by 2 bytes. The bat i made i did in paintshop pro9 and imported using fshEd and bigGUI. As you can see it worked but the second time i run it ingame the game crashes.

Cheers colin

Attachments

• fearn.jpg
    fearn.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 280

akira2291

Club Cricketer
dazza1974 said:
Ive just downloaded a hex editor, can you tell me how to reduced the bat ive made by 2 bytes. The bat i made i did in paintshop pro9 and imported using fshEd and bigGUI. As you can see it worked but the second time i run it ingame the game crashes.

Cheers colin

im not sure, but maybe its the same solution:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=153130&postcount=14

how about the 2 last bytes?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Just highlight the two blank bytes at the end and push delete. There's no need for a bat importer as Fshed does it although I'm sure someone can whip up something with a more friendly GUI as the filenames make things a bit tricky.

Barmyarmyfan05

Club Cricketer
Could someone tell me what i have done wrong and edit it?

Attachments

• MRF.bmp
    96.1 KB · Views: 224
  • bat template.bmp
    33.1 KB · Views: 219

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
the picture for making the bat you used was probably not very good, and i think there is some area on the top that needs to be reserved for the shoulder of the bat.

Will p

International Cricketer
yeh, look at barmyarmys tutorial you've left out the shoulder, in his example it was the grey bit

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Barmyarmyfan05 said:
Could someone tell me what i have done wrong and edit it?
For the gary nicholls bat i usually just copy the sword logo onto the bat and the back of it. The rest like the stripes, it is best to do that by yourself

Satish555

Club Captain
i would just like to add a bit to that temp late.

well as tou know cric 05 takes advantage of 3 dimensional bats so there is a part in the template which is the side of the bat. i was just playing around it and worked it out......

also there were complaints about the logos bein wide... well that shud be solved now because a part of the template is the side n there for making the face of the bat, in the template smaller.

Attachments

• Template.JPG
    Template.JPG
    5.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Side.JPG
    Side.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 126

Users who are viewing this thread