Sig Making Tutorial.

langerrox

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
hey, in this thread i will explain how to make a signature, we will start of making one off by making cricket and certain players sigs.
In this first installment of photoshop goodness i will make a graeme smith signature.
here are the pictures i will be using.
51950.jpg

50981.jpg
50393.jpg
50391.jpg

Heres the basic workspace

Start of by making a new document 300x100 in size.

Then go File>Open and select the pictures you are going to use.

heres photoshop with all the pictures open

click on your first picture and select the rectangle marque(see picture) and hold down the mouse to make a square (or rectangle as such) to get the part of the picture that appeals to you the most, once you select the part of the pic you want(this is also called 'cropping') hold down ctrl and press c (to copy it)

then open up your signature file and ctrl V (paste it)

If the picture is too large press ctrl + T to 'free transform' it, this enables you to drag the corners and sides to get it to fit, *hint* hold shift while dragging the corners to keep the ratio the same*hint*, drag the corners to get it to fit in signature snuggly.
once you are done 'free transforming' it, press enter.

Do the same for the other pictures you are using, once you have them all in your signature file snuggly fitted (have them overlapping) you can start blending them together!

Gotta Sleep, Will Contiune the tutorial tommorow:)

Last edited by a moderator:

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
Well done langerrox, you no doubt have a broad knowledge of photoshop. I will be using this tutorial in creating graphics for my website. :)
Cheers, and more reps for you.

langerrox

International Coach
thanks, just going to purchase cricket gear will be back soon, so i can finish it off,

Monty

Club Cricketer
which model
also i thought you would love a belta cause you like langer
could you please make me a sig

langerrox

International Coach
Heres the second part of the sig making tut

next select the rectanglur marque tool, and up the top (see highlighted) change the 'feather' from 0 to 20.

then, in your signature file drag a little square as you did when you 'cropped' the image in one of the first steps, when you drag it and let go, it should appear as a circle

next select the layer corrosponding to the picture you want to delete from (to make it blend). then start moving around the circle pressing delete, the feather makes the delete very soft and affects the area around it, make sure your circle isn't too big, start of small and youl get used to it keep on deleting til you get a nice blend.do this for all the images, dont hesitate to move the pictures around to make it look better, youll probley change the layout 5 times or more during the process, if you make a boobo, go to the right box labeled 'history' and it will be under 'clear'

contiune it for all the pics and youll eventully get a result like this

next, we need a font, a good site for fonts is dafont.com/en
once you choose your font download it, then go control panel appearance then on left column fonts, then drag the font inside the zip into that folder, then go in photoshop use the text tool

then right click on the text layer you just insert and click blending options, and click on the types on left column and play around with the effects, for my text i just used stroke, black colour and 3px

ahh, i might use that program thanks mate, the predator was limited editon

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks to langerrox, Ive made this current sig myself. I know it aint very good, but still will do for a rookie like me.

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
langerrox said:
nice work mate!
Your tutorial is of a high standard, and I'll have a go at making a sig for myself soon!
An interesting point is that I have never ever had an image for my sig in every forum that I have posted at. :)
Your sig looks great m_vaughan!

Users who are viewing this thread