Karachi Express' Photoshop Tutorials(New Tutorial Added)

Brett_Lee

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nice tutorial Karachi Express! Could be usefull for me :D

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
it all proceeds well till step 6.

u can see, in my sig, I used a background u specified.However, it was the last one I made.After that weird things started happening

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Lol.I think that will be a prob with ur photoshop!And sumthing strange has happened to my photoshop too!I cant make the background too and even the Matrix effect!

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Karachi Express said:
Lol.I think that will be a prob with ur photoshop!And sumthing strange has happened to my photoshop too!I cant make the background too and even the Matrix effect!

it's infectious.

However, there is a way around it.Which i discovered.

1.Make a new layer, transparent background.
2.Do all the above stuff on it.then redo invert colours.
2.Apply colour adjustment layer.

The effect is nearly same.

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Abstract Background!

1. Go to File > New and make a 400x400 image,then click on the gradiant tool. Put the settings on the top to this:

1zz5.jpg

2. Now, just start going crazy on the blank canvas. Don't overdo it though, but the crazier it is the crazier your final result.

2ob9.jpg

3. Now for some fun. Duplicate your layer ( Layer > Duplicate ) and then go to filter > Distort > Wave. Put the settings to this:

3zt5.jpg

4. Now change the layer style to Lighten and you should get something like this:

4tt6.jpg

5uc6.jpg

5. Do this about 3 or 4 times. Each time you do the wave, make sure you hit the 'Randomize' button with those settings, so you will get a nice new wave. You can also experiment with other layer styles, but for now I will only use lighten.You can also flip the layer a few times when you are doing different layers for different views. ( Edit > Transform > Flip Horizontal/Vertical ) Don't make too many layers, or the image will become overly cluttered.

6xy1.jpg

6.Now merge them all into one layer. ( Layer > Flatten Image ) (Keyboard: ctrl + shift + E) Press (Ctrl + U) to bring up the colour hue settings. Make sure to click the Colorize button in the bottom right hand corner of the box.For this one I used the following:

7ng7.jpg

There it is..The final result should look something like this!

8oi4.jpg

You could try other layer styles too...Duplicate the layer and change the layer styles...

Multiply:
8yz4.jpg

Soft Light:
8by1.jpg

Lighten:
8zf6.jpg

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Create a new file with any dimensions tou want!I take 500x500!

1.Got to Filters->Render->Clouds.You should have somthing like this!

cloudsgu5.jpg

2.Go to Filter->Pixelate->Mezzotint.Put these settings...

mezzotintzj7.jpg

3.You should have something like this!

shortlinesiq8.jpg

4.Go to Filter->Blur->Radial Blur...Put these settings...

radialblurva0.jpg

5.You should get something like this...

semifinalaa0.jpg

6.Now for the colouring part!Go to Image->Adjust->Hue/Saturation...Select Colorize..Move the bars and select ok...And theres your final result!My settings for Hue/Saturation and my final result!

hsfm2.jpg

finalxa6.jpg

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
Brilliant mate! I love this stuff. I'm giving you reps for this. Even though you copied the abstract tutorial from another site.

Users who are viewing this thread