17 September:- Help for Heroes XI VS Rest of the World XI

lion100lion

International Coach

682x410_new_20082015.jpg

Squads:

Help for Heroes:
Andrew Strauss (c),MS Dhoni, Herschelle Gibbs, Virender Sehwag, Damien Martyn, Lieutenant Commander Jonathan Parker, Corporal Jake Wray, Shahid Afridi, Graeme Swann, Simon Jones, Matthew Hoggard, Darren Gough.
Manager: Ian Botham. Coach: To be Confirmed.

Rest of the World:
Brendon McCullum (c), Matthew Hayden, Graeme Smith, Mahela Jayawardene, Major Storm Green, Brian Lara, Abdul Razzaq, Scott Styris, Dan Vettori, Tim Southee, Shapoor Zadran, (12th Member to be Confirmed).
Manager: Sunil Gavaskar. Coach: Gary Kirsten.

On Thursday 17th September, newly appointed Director of England Cricket, Andrew Strauss, will lead a Help for Heroes XI at the Kia Oval against a Rest of the World XI in the inaugural international Help for Heroes fundraiser, Cricket for Heroes.

Some of the world’s best cricketers, selected by Allan Lamb, will play in a competitive Twenty20 match, to raise money for the ongoing support of wounded, injured and sick service personnel and their families. The event which is supported by Old Mutual Wealth, the UK’s leading wealth manager, is set to be an exciting finale to the cricket season.

The headline match will be preceded by the Old Mutual Changemakers Challenge Cup stating at 15.00. This will be the very first match between the Help for Heroes Cricket Club and the England Physical Disability Cricket Team. Help for Heroes Cricket Club forms part of the Help for Heroes Sports Recovery Programme and is made up of wounded injured and sick military personnel and veterans from the British Armed Forces. A packed-out Kia Oval is a great way to show backing for these inspiring men and women. The day aims to be a sell out and raise money for the ongoing support of the wounded and their families.

Andrew Strauss, Captain, Help for Heroes XI, said:

“I feel a great sense of pride to be involved in this unique cricket event which is an end of season celebration. I can’t wait to lead out so many International stars for such a great cause. Help for Heroes is a charity which I fully endorse, and the whole concept of

recovering through sport is inspirational as we saw in the Invictus Games. The first match between England Physical Disability and the Help for Heroes CC represents why we are all here, and the whole day will I am sure be a memorable experience. I encourage all cricket fans and families to come and enjoy the entertainment and hopefully some great cricket.”

Allan Lamb, Chair of Selectors, said:

“I am sure that the cricketing world will embrace this exciting game on the 17th September. As Chair of Selectors, I am intent on picking the very best teams to play each other for this great cause. We want to create a fantastic spirit on the day – and I am convinced we will do that.”

Sir Ian Botham, Manager, Help for Heroes XI, said:

“I am delighted to be managing the Help for Heroes XI against the ROW XI on September 17th. It is fantastic that cricket is stepping up for such a great cause and we saw in the Invictus Games how powerful sport can be in aiding recovery. I look forward to my team putting on a strong performance on the day and hope as many supporters as possible will turn up for two great games of cricket.’

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
NO KP here too huh [HASHTAG]#blamestrauss[/HASHTAG]
There are much better veterans/legendary players then KP if I am not wrong. I agree that KP is the finest player which the England Cricket Board had seen for years. But, I believe that' doesn't mean that he should be in any of these squad of T20. He is still a player to watch for in coming year(s) for ECB.

lion100lion

International Coach
There will be no live streaming... but highlights can be watched on @surreycricket youtube after the match.

Users who are viewing this thread