Your Cricket 2008 Season Goals

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
my goals:

.Get into the 2nd XI for more than 3 games.
.Get top scorer for U-17's and score atleast 2 50's
.Win more than 5 games for U-15's
.Play some form of representative cricket

I feel all but the last one are reasonably achievable. I should be alright for the first one seen as the chairman said he'd have a word with the 2nd XI captain to try and get me in. the U-15's is because the squad is rubbish. all but two includig me of the players have played a full season of cricket the rest at most having played 3 games. Hopefully this season will be promising. last year I had to make an impression wich I did. play for the U-17's in my first year of 15's cricket was a biggie. I was playing 17's before most of the U-15's squad were and I am a year younger than all of them. also I held my own against much tougher opposition. one thing I was proud was finnish 4th top batsman come end of the season. behind 3 one of wich plays for the first team and the other two 2nd XIers. I finnished second ofr U-15's behind the captain because for most of the first half of the season I was comming in late on at 5 or 6. even when I can in a 3 I was coming in late because the captain took all day. He was the two coaches son and brother. He even won player of the season wich very few people agreed to. didn't win annything but got a meantion in both the U-15's coaches speach and the U-17's the U-17's saying I was a big star for the future. so basically thats last season. my bowling has improved alot so once again I can reclaim my all-rounder status. also I feel I have improved my batting so the season ahead looks promising. Can't wait to get out side. 2 weeks on thursday and we're back outside. will be awesome

domiw

Club Cricketer
what club do you play for burnsy good luck in the season>

Kevin Samson

School Cricketer
My goals

Batting
Raise my U-18 batting Avg. from 54.6 to 60+
Score more than 5 fifties
Score a century or beat my high-score
Have a SR of more than 100

Bowling
Become number one spinner in team
Avg. around 20
Take my first fiffer
A hatrick would be nice but dont think so

Rep Sides

Make Western U-17's
Make Auckland U-17's
Make NZ U-17's

Highlander999

ICC President
Go a whole season without putting down a catch, get a few stumpings and make some decent scores with the bat. I'm not too fussy who for whether it is for my club or school

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
I want to find a grade team (not a club team). Make it into fifths and then gradually elevate up the pecking order and be playing 1st grade cricket before I'm 20 which is the last step before getting selected to play state cricket and then International.

I only worried about stats when I was a junior. It's all about performances not stats. ;)

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
what club do you play for burnsy good luck in the season>

East Ardsley United CC. Great team to say it's only a small village one. The first team made it to the semi-finals of the Npower Village cup loosing to the eventual winners. It's quite hard to break into the seconds because there was last year already afew U-17's playing for them and the captain doesn't pick juniors very often. The 1st team captain had a go at him because he also thinks that I am very good and should be playing regular 2nd team. The representative is hard because certain teams have half their players playing for them and its hard to get spotted at such a small club.

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
Probably to get over 20 runs in a single batting performance. Get over 100 runs, have a average of over 10. Take over 6 wickets.:p

shefellover93

Club Cricketer
1. Join a team
2. Stay in the School 1st XI and help the team in the National Cup
3. Improve my Batting
4. Improve my bowling
5. Increase pace(bowling) or decided to do spin(bowling)
6. Stay with Cricket all summer!

I'm a Symonds like player. Destructive all rounder who can bowl spin or pace. I'm more of a bowler though, the only thing is I don't know wether to go spin or pace, will end up doing pace I know it. Last season went to a few net sessions for Sleaford but for some reason I quit. Hopefully this season I can be more consistent in going.

Your goals are almost the same as mine!

1, kinda 2 (we don't have a cup), 3, 4, 5 (pace) and 6!

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
I bowl Fast/medium and left arm leg spin. I only started spin when i injured myself and used it as a way to bowl. It turns a mile my age equvalent of shane Warne :p. alot of people are amazed by how far it turns. But i prefer to bowl fast and its more effective.

A_Whitey

Club Cricketer
Based on last year...

1) Play consistently
2) Take a wicket
3) Hit a 50

superhoops2008

School Cricketer
Batting = get an average above 20/ Don't be a complete tosser and get out for 11 when i'm good enough to make 50's

Bowling = On the off chance i do bowl, keep it nice a simple, line and lenght, maybe get the odd wicket

'Keeping = Don't let any byes past for at least 3 games of the season.

I think bowling and keeping targets are easier than batting. I sometimes lose the plot with the bat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread