2021 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - India (UAE/Oman)

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
He definitely isn't one. You don't have back to back seasons of 500+ runs in IPL by just merely being a slogger.
I meant, if Maxwell were to be called an unconventional slogger, Pant would be one too. He’s a much better batsman than that. He made a Test century in India, if I remember correctly.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Wow, just wow

This is way deeper than VK being a shit captain and mishandling from management. IPL seems to be backfiring here - our players seemed lethargic and down and out in this game as well. And teams seem to have a proper plan for their IPL teammates playing in the Indian team. That Ishan wicket and the almost Rohit wicket by Boult were prime examples.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Wow, just wow

This is way deeper than VK being a shit captain and mishandling from management. IPL seems to be backfiring here - our players seemed lethargic and down and out in this game as well. And teams seem to have a proper plan for their IPL teammates playing in the Indian team. That Ishan wicket and the almost Rohit wicket by Boult were prime examples.
India haven’t won a single WT20 since the IPL exists.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ok, now that I did not watch India's last 3 overs and the entire bowling.. I just want to give my 2 cents and support New Zealand and Afghanistan going forward for this WC. PLAYERS FATIGUE should not be an excuse. These are professional players getting big buck. I get it that you are playing one match after another but they had a gap of 1 freaking week. I feel in a competition like this, 1 week is a blessing in disguise. They should have been energetic, motivated and should have come out with a bang.

I agree to everyone saying that India has an outdated game plan in 50 overs and T20. It might not hurt is in 50 overs as there is so much time, T20 is coming to haunt us. We cannot play 36 run power plays. That is not acceptable in modern day cricket. KL Rahul looks so different in the blues where is so freaking tentative. I will not blame Rohit, Kohli or Pant for the batting. Yes Kohli hogs up a lot of deliveries but he is the only one scoring. Nobody is giving him the start that he likes to go blasting. This is the same Kohli people are blaming who is the highest run scorer in international T20 and kills the opposition single handedly.

Also it is sickening to see social media blaming the birth of his daughter for his poor form. Absolutely sickening and shameless. We need to start selecting on players in form rather then the name. Also for next year's WC, do not look at Sharma for captaincy. We should be grooming a different captain altogether.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
after watching someone like Sunil Gavaskar supporting IPL over World Cup today is sad, I think it's about time BCCI wake up and let indian players play in other leagues so young player atleast get a opportunity to travel and play in other countries and league but I guess money is more important then cricket for BCCI.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
What a disastrous performance by Team India. The squad looked totally lost. The body language was down and out. The intent wasn't their since start. Looked quite bizarre. Newzeland outplayed them as well. A complete one sided performance with no intent and fight back from India at all. I feel that this defeat was more brutal than Pakistan's one however the Pakistan's one had the highest impact because of the fans and media high expectations from the Indian side.

I wonder what squad and legacy Ravi Shastri is leaving behind being a coach of this team as well as Virat Kohli. This is a poor and unfortunate ending, however its not good for them. Ravi Shastri leaves team, by all means, it will happen for good for them however I don't know who will replace VK? Rohit Sharma? Well He doesn't have that charisma.

The reasons? I believe they are bit over-confident at the start and were utterly shocked by the 10-wickets lost by Pakistan. They are now down and out. I said this earlier today that there seems no middle ground for India from here, either they will come back strong or they will be down and out.

Maybe I am wrong, but I feel that its the Indian team who was banking way too much on VK and Rohit Sharma and in bowling department they were just banking on Bumrah. Indian Middle order does not have that thing. If VK and Sharma Collapse, the entire batting unit collapses. By the way, Where was Shekar Dahwan? The only reliable batsman in the side after Virat and Sharma. Things could have been different has he been there. Also in today's game that guy Suryakumar Yadav must be given a chance, he looked confident against Pakistan and must have been backed. Also, who is Takhur? How ordinary player he looked like in this game. It can be categorized as worst performance.

Regarding IPL, my 2 cents are we should not blame it. IPL has done more good to Indian batting than damage. IPL has a huge role in improving their power hitting as well as practice against top players across the world. Its just that other teams are also their to play this game of cricket and those should be respected.

Users who are viewing this thread