Which team do You support?

• Total voters

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Every time we talk about the likes of Misbah defying age and performing for Pakistan, a name that is often forgotten is Mohammad Sami. He is bowling at 140+ at 37 and hitting the yorkers constantly plus he is one of the highest wicket-takers in this year and the second highest overall - after Wahab Riaz.

Last edited:

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Every time we talk about the likes of Misbah defying age and performing for Pakistan, a name that is often forgotten is Mohammad Sami. He is bowling at 140+ at 37 and hitting the yorkers constantly plus he is one of the highest wicket-takers in this year and the second highest overall - after Wahab Riaz.
Sami will go down as a player who ruled T20 leagues but failed at International Arena.[DOUBLEPOST=1521396935][/DOUBLEPOST]Usman Shinwari needs to better his fielding.

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Farhan will be feeling good now. Has finally got some runs. Ronchi's blistering knock helped him to settle down and go along the flow.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ronchi is probably at his best life form.

BTW Islamabad United will get a reputation of polishing All Rounders after this PSL. (e.g: Shadab Khan, Hussain Talat, Faheem Ashraf, Amad Butt and many more...)

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Farhan looks to me a younger imran nazir. He looks a good prospect I saw his performance in a domesteic game before. Lets hope he uses more brain than nazir for his future.

Apparently Isb united made a curry of Karachi. The qualifying match was gifted by isb to karachi by not inducting Ronchi and patel in that game. Today, Karachi started really badly and didnt look that motivated

Talking more about Karachi, I didnt see any single good emerging player from this side throughout this tournament. All they did is inducted Irfan jr who last played for Qalandars as a emerging player. They should have given more chances to Usama Mir than Irfan Jr.. Afridi was certainly not fit to play and his forced inclusion in today's game played a part in this massive beating. The funny thing is Karachi kept bowling to Ronchi at his strong areas again in the start of isb innings.

Last edited:

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Ronchi’s brilliance makes me think about his wasted career.

He was always an outright agressive openig batsman. His brief stint with Australia was way too superb, but after his NZ switch. His career was utter wasted. He used to play at number 7 or 8 for them. He scored 180 at that position but never got a chance to open until this Champions Trophy, after which he retired. Surely a perfect aggressive batsman.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Ronchi’s brilliance makes me think about his wasted career.

He was always an outright agressive openig batsman. His brief stint with Australia was way too superb, but after his NZ switch. His career was utter wasted. He used to play at number 7 or 8 for them. He scored 180 at that position but never got a chance to open until this Champions Trophy, after which he retired. Surely a perfect aggressive batsman.

Has he been ever picked in IPL? or in the coming one?

Personally, What I have seen him in international career, He always looked to me a pretty ordinary player and the reason you put seems quite right that it looks he has been wasted by NZ, as he used to play quite down the order. I don't know how much he opened in his international career but one thing for sure, He hasn't been exposed to some good length and new ball in-swing deliveries that much in this PSL. He has been served the areas he is strong of. One good length delivery by Irfan to him costed him to give a catch in the first slip with ease in MS and ISB united first encounter, However He is definitely a power hitter in his strong areas and in great form these days. He created a massive panic yesterday among Karachi players that they never got up after the first 5 overs beating

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Misbah-ul-Haq "Asif Ali has an abundance of talent & PSL has provided him with a chance to flourish. I was aware of his abilities since a semi-final of a domestic T20 in 2013 where he hit a blistering century & I knew from that day that he will play for Pakistan one day."

"Hussain Talat is a consistent performer at the domestic level. In the past he had some fitness issues but he has overcome the problem and in my opinion Pakistan need a player like him in the middle order."

Users who are viewing this thread