29/7 – Final Match One

pal

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Stats for the finals matches. Bowling, batting averages, runs, wickets, etc. I would like to award my team members for their achievements.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I guess our journey ends here, Chennai.

The match isn't over yet, but well played Manchester.

pal

International Coach
Oh ok, I don't think it should be too difficult. A simple copy and paste from the statistics screen for the Chennai Champions should do it. I promised my team members rewards for achievements through the season and the finals and I should go through with it.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ouch, not a good batting performance from CC. They'll have to bowl very well to win this and keep themselves from losing the championship.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Your mom's called choking :p

How can we choke in a DOS program, that too twice when we've been playing so good this whole time!

pal

International Coach
We need to know what areas to fill during the off-season. I hope it's not too difficult an ask. All you need to do is right click on the top of the title bar, go to Edit, and select Mark. You can highlight the screen for the Chennai Champions and press enter. You can then simply paste the stats wherever you would like.

pal added 16 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

It should take a few seconds. I can post a tutorial on how to copy and paste, if it's more convenient.

Last edited:

pal

International Coach
It's all right, zmario. I hope people understand our position. We had the most benign of intentions. We simply wanted to look at the stats, before putting forth the best squad possible for the only meaningful match of the entire season. It would have taken a few seconds and even though I do acknowledge the busy nature of life today, I felt it wouldn't be too much of a hassle. But, the reluctance in putting up the stats sowed a few seeds of doubt, unfortunately and quite unnecessarily. I don't mind losing the matches and I'm pretty sure most of our team doesn't, even though we're obviously disappointed, but there was nothing incorrect in politely asking to view the stats. I realize that this game is pretty trivial, but I hope that there's nothing overbearing in asking for a few seconds worth of clicks. I said this earlier, but I want to apologize if the request came across as being antagonizing.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Eh - its quite ironic

When I asked for the stats, I was attacked left, right, and center...

And like you said pal, its not a hard thing to do, which is why I asked.

Just read some of this :p - Stats are possibly the easiest job to do if you are simming the games. And I will say, and I will be honest, I had similar ideas to what pal was thinking, but of course for different reasons. Anyway, we won't argue that now, since the season is over, but this is funny to read.

I guess you don't really need to worry about whats going on. He said Rhys does it so I think you should wait till he gets back;)

So hold up -

You have the files. You won't give them to anyone else.

And then you're not gonna do the stats?

What the hell is going on..

I think I do. Who are you to tell me not to worry about whats going on?

I asked for the files from treva.

He refuses to give them, except when Rhys was simming them, he gave them out.

If he has the files, it is HIS responsibility to do the stats. Not Rhys's.

Stats are to be done every 3 games. If he refuses to let people have the files so we can see the current stats, then he has to do the stats. No exceptions mate.

Especially since he won't allow me to have them, but it seems that other teams have been able to sim their games, so it has been leaked somewhere along the way.

Well if you know, there is an option to create teams in cricsim. How are you so sure that the files have been leaked??

Anyway...I don't care..Me and everybody else can wait.

I don't care about the option of creating teams.

I need the stats, to determine my batting order, and what bowlers to play.

He won't give them to me on MSN, or here.

Stats were suppoused to be done every 3 rounds. Without stats, I have to pick a subnormal batting line-up (by guessing the stats) and a bowling line-up.

Seriously - if Treva refuses to give me the files, then he should be doing the stats. How else am I suppouse to know where to put the people with a higher strike-rate?

I have to know who has a high strike-rate, who has a good average, to determine where to put them in the team.

Complete shambles.

You were actually not supposed to know the stats everytime in the first place - its not a right to information here, its not a democracy. We should actually be glad that they're actually keeping us updated with stats.

zMario, you take this flipping internet game way too seriously. I am not doing the stats because for some reason when I copy the stats from the sim it only takes the top 12 players. Don't ask me why, because I do not know. But it seems Rhys was able to copy them all. I am not doing them because it would mean I would have to switch all the line-ups and then sort it all out, which takes too long.

I am not giving the files out as I deem it to be unfair, and seeing as I hold the sim, what I say will go.

You need to chill. I am not going to take orders from someone unless I agree with them, and I am especially not going to take orders from you. So pipe down, get on with it, and stop fretting over a virtual, internet game.

No, you don't HAVE to know anything, you want to know.

Treva is doing a very difficult job outside his own personal life and he doesn't need people harassing him because he isn't doing them every 3 weeks. That was Rhys' policy, so it isn't treva's responsibility to do it unless he has time, which he doesn't at this stage. Please give him a break and stop taking the PCPL so seriously.

So if you were working for a company, and your boss told you to clean your office (who knows, it might be dirty), would you refuse?

Same example.

Seriously, if you follow this idealogy of not listening to your boss in life, you're gonna get NOWHERE. (Except maybe on the street)

The stats and files were given out during the first 3-4 matches of the competition.

All I ask for is CONSISTENCY

If it was available in the first two weeks, I ask that it be available for the other 2 weeks.

Am talking about stats and files in this case.

Is this a real job? Uhh no. Am I getting paid? Uhh no. Did I volunteer to do this? Uhh yes. So who do I listen to? Myself. When do I sim games? When I want. Do I do stats and tables? If I want to and if I can.

Hey, all I want you to do is be quiet and just enjoy this thing. But we can't have everything now can we...

Once again, all I am and was asking for was consistency in the decisions taken during this tournament.

I guess thats not gonna happen.

I wish everyone the best and pleasant last 3 games of this tournament (during the league statges anyway :p)

Anyway, good 2 finals Manchester and Chennai.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
zMario, be quiet. Trev does a sterling job, seeing as Rhys is away. Lately Jaz has done an excellent job.

I've got no control over whether Jaz or Rhys send out the files, in my opinion they should not but its one of those preference rules which I don't dictate over.

Be a bit more kind in your words as this season would have never been completed other than Trevs/Jaz's and Rhy's hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread