IPL 8th Match: Deccan Chargers v Bangalore Royal Challengers

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
How about Dravid for the T20 World Cup? When we have a collapse (which could be possible if the wickets seam in England), Dravid can steady the ship and then take us to a glorious finish with his hitting. Either Sachin or Dravid should help India in the T20 World Cup (I pitch for Dravid since he is hitting it far better than Sachin now).

In this IPL, Dravid should be sent one down. Pietersen might be a star buy but he has been failing badly with the bat whereas Dravid is the warrior of the side. He needs a higher promotion.

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Great game for Deccan. Totally outplayed them. Gilly batted superbly as did R Sharma. Bowling was pretty good all-round and fielding was excellent. That first ball to Ryder was a ripper, set the tone!

There's something wrong with the Royal Challengers. Well probably lots of things. Some of the fields were strange and the batting order needs tweaking. Pietersen bats too low. Should be at 3 probably. Bowling-wise I think they have some decent bowlers, but need to use them all better.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
yes!! i am very happy with the result but still a bit worried.
DC is a 3 man show as far as the batting is concerned-gilly,gibbs and rohit sharma.
what if two of them fail in a match? it's quite possible.isn't it? when guys like ryder,kp,taylor and mccullum failed,why cant two or even three of these three fail? its T20 afterall.
guys like laxman,venu and ravi teja and styris are not reliable.are they?
if we look at say chennai,if hayden,dhoni and flintoff arguably their top three guns fail, they have guys like morkel/oram,raina and badrinath for back up.don't they? same is the case with most of the teams.DC heavily relies on gibbs,gilly and sharma to get the job done and that is not a good thing for the chargers.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yesterday's match was quite close with Dravid and Kohli were still there hunting for a win.I was really impressed with the latter's innings.After Dravid went,I was expecting for an all out within ten runs.Kohli was sensational in picking gaps and his placement was almost accurate.
RCB are playing better than what they did last season.The Chargers were always in control with Gilchrist being exceptional with the bat.Rohit Sharma doesnt like to play in National Colors.Does he?

Users who are viewing this thread