IPL 8th Match: Deccan Chargers v Bangalore Royal Challengers

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
RP looks a completely different bowler outside India. We need him for the T20 World Cup.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
India's not exactly a breeding ground for fast bowlers though is it. There's no shame in a fast bowler failing in India. I've been impressed with RP Singh everytime I've seen him. He was very good in the T20 World Cup, and then he and Zaheer were class in England in 07. Bowling to right handers they were excellent, swinging it in and then moving it away off the seam. He should definitely be in the India T20 squad, a T20 bowler miles better than Ishant.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Bangalore has lost this match already. Kallis is now out as well.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yeh, looking over from here. Going to need a KP onslaught if they're going to have a chance. Can't see it happening.

King Pietersen added 6 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Woah, what a catch. Teek a boo son. Uthappa timed that nicely, great catch from Teja.

King Pietersen added 27 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Hmm, seems like it's more than coincidence now. KP fails against another left arm spinner. Certainly a definite weakness in his game. Superb bowling though, the spinners are having a party this year!

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Dravid should really play up the order, if he keeps playing like this. It's no use of batting at number 5 if you bat like this.

He just hit 16 runs in 4 balls. He surely must have proven that he can bat in Twenty20's. He should go to the World Cup, along with Tendulkar.

Precambrian

International Cricketer
The orange cap is back to where it should. Dravid merits it than anyone so far.

Highlander999

ICC President
I'm well getting IPL now. The cheerleaders are reason enough to watch, but there is some pretty good cricket going on as well. Loved Gilly's, Sharma's and Dravid's knocks. Maybe I was wrong about the IPL ;)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Rahul Dravid, TAKE A BOW!!!! He is batting like he never ever did!

if Kohli and Dravid can continue for 2 more overs like this, RCB might sniff a miracle

Edit: OH heck! Why this happens with me? Whenever I speak big, my player gets out! DRAVID GONE!!

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
They need 70 runs from 25 balls. That's not possible.

And Dravid is out now.

King Cricket

International Coach
One thing I'm noticing about the Royal Challengers, they are choking at the very beginning whenever they are trying to chase a huge total. I mean, the guys there are either continuously hitting, or just ducking each and every ball. This thing is causing the main problem. See this match, they played too defensively after a top order collapse- at the end- left with nothing, match over. They should rectify this very quickly. And RCB needs some drastic change in the top order. Let's face the truth- Ryder and Uthappa are just not good enough to open, why?- but their records reflect this. And people who decide the team, in the following matches, should either drop them or push them down the other. If they continue with these two guys, then we will see a repeat of the past two matches. Openers are the most imp guys of the batting order. If your opening combination is weak, then you are bound to suffer. An opening collapse means a huge amount of pressure to the next batters. Another thing, RCB has become too much dependant on Dravid and KP- this mistake should immediately be rectified if they don't want a repeat of last year.

sashidharan

Club Captain
Deccan has won it.But really excellent batting by young kohli.Dravid stood out well even today.I guess either kohli or dravid can open the innings.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hmm, seems like it's more than coincidence now. KP fails against another left arm spinner. Certainly a definite weakness in his game. Superb bowling though, the spinners are having a party this year!

Left arm spinner huh, *looks through our dire spin ranks for one*

All our oldies seem to be going well while our youngsters in Dubai are getting killed.

Users who are viewing this thread