Story A Fight towards the top ~ A career story

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned

Chapter 1: Beginning
Part 1: The Mail

April 4th, 2010 5:45pm

It was a summer evening and I was returning from practice. it was a tough day in the nets as we had to give our best performance as someone special, don't know who came to see our performance in the nets. I was an all rounder..not a pure one though. Was good with the bat and was a handy spinner when I played in the Inter-School Competition few years back. Though I performed well throughout the competition, I just couldn't carry that performance in the final match. Anyway, I returned home as quickly as possible as it was really hot here in Kolkata at this time of year. Reaching home, I somehow kept the bag at the entrance and ran towards the refrigerator for a nice cold drink :cool: .

April 4th, 2010 6:20pm

After having it I went upstairs to my room and switched on my computer and logged on to my email to check if I got any new mails or not. Surprisingly I got a mail from someone called Mr. Bhattacharya, whom I didn't know! The subject of the mail was 'Meet me'...and I thought to myself why would someone who I don't know will send me a mail with the subject, 'Meet mes'?! So, I opened it and found it to be a mail from the person who came today to see our training , he actually have sent the mail to all the players who was at training today, to meet the man tomorrow at our practice ground. The big question that arose in my mind was, why did he suddenly call us.

Last edited:

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
To select you for a local team and check your performance, in which you'll get selected, and then, you'll be in the eyes of Bengal Selectors, They'll select you into Bengal u-19 Squad:laugh:laugh.....

Try something different. Not that you should not write, but be bit different!
Good Luck with this new one and hope you stick on with this one :thumbs.!(Which never happensed:facepalm)

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
To select you for a local team and check your performance, in which you'll get selected, and then, you'll be in the eyes of Bengal Selectors, They'll select you into Bengal u-19 Squad:laugh:laugh.....

Try something different. Not that you should not write, but be bit different!
Good Luck with this new one and hope you stick on with this one :thumbs.!(Which never happensed:facepalm)

oh I will..don't worry...I had ICSE exam so couldn't continue..and now cba continuing that :p...will continue with this one as I have holiday :cool:

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
oh I will..don't worry...I had ICSE exam so couldn't continue..and now cba continuing that :p...will continue with this one as I have holiday :cool:

And one more thing Funky!
Be the 12th Man in the first Game.
Every story till now (As far as My knowledge is concerned), gave some fitness problem, or promotion to the existing one, which makes the Guy debut.:laugh
One says loose motions, another says slipped in showers to the regular player competing with us:laugh
So, be a 12th man in the first match!:)

Funknath

Panel of Selectors

Part 2: At the Practice Ground

5th April,7:00am

I reached the practice ground at 7:00am sharp. Reaching there I saw two of my friends were waiting for the man. So, I asked our coach why did the man call us but unfortunately he couldn't give us the answer. As we waited for the man to arrive we saw all the boys that practiced with me arrived at the cricket ground one by one.

5th April, 7:45am

At 7:45am, we saw the man arrive at the cricket ground in a car which looked brand new. We were now desperate to know why he called us here today! So, the man walked slowly towards us having a smile on his faces. He took like 5 minutes to come and stand beside our coach. After taking a deep breathe he started speaking. He said, " I am the coach of Bengal U-19 and today I have come to select some players. The names are....." I didn't give a damn about others I just waited for my name to be called and finally my name was called.

5th April, 8:20am

I felt so happy at that moment that I asked for leave and went directly towards my home to give this good news to my parents. As soon as I reached I gave the news to them but I didn't see any smiles on their faces. Without wasting time I asked them why weren't they happy and the answer I got was....

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
"Studies studies studies!!
First Study properly and we want to see you as an engineer, not a Cricketer..."
might be the correct answer IINW!:p

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Expect an update after few hours :D have nothing else to do :laugh

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Good start Funky, and hopefully you could make the starting XI and become a regular first team starter.

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Part 3: The Shocking News

April 5th, 8:35am

The news that I got from my parents is that we are shifting to England. I was shocked from hearing it. I thought to myself that Oh my god I am moving to England and that too after I got my place in the U-19 team. I worked so hard to get my place in U-19 team!! I asked my parents about our day of departure to England and found it to be today!

April 5th, 8:45am

I went upstairs and informed my coach and Mr.Bhattacharya that I can't play for U-19 team as we are shifting to England. I made several spelling mistake as I was so depressed. My mum told me to start packing, and as I started packing I saw my cricket kit lying on the mat which made me emotional but nothing could be done now so I continued packing. It took me like an hour or so to finish packing and after that I left home to meet some of my special friend for the last time...

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Hmmm... going on fine... but don't drive your story to Kyu ki saas bhi kaabhi baahu thi style. (I mean, not to give saas bahu style stories:p, but not to write story in such un realistic manner:p:p:))

Users who are viewing this thread