A.I Editing for FIFA\WC 2002

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi i've been doing a lot of A.I editing for both FIFA 2002 and WC 2002. i'm not very good at these fifa games and usually play WC 2002 at Ameture level which i really like. but the Ameture level in Fifa 2002 is way too easy as comapired to WC 2002, and the PRO level in FIFA 2002 is a bit difficult.

so i wanna ask, can anybody tell as to what are the values in the 'INI.BIG' file which affect the CPU's playing style or ability or skill(whichever u understand) at different difficult levels so that i can copy the setting from WC 2002 to FIFA 2002 for the AMETURE level.

Radaga

International Coach
Tutsi, i have made a patch for this but it is in Professional mode.

It is for guys like you that struggle in professional but win easy in amateur.

You need to have a special program to edit the ini.big file though, i dont have it though. What i do is a friends copied lines from the file into the soccer.ini file. Which you can edit with notepad.

Well to get to the point if you want the patch send me a pm or speak to me on msn. Then after you've tried it out i can tell you how do edit it yourself

Radaga

International Coach
tutsi i'll tell you about the values you asked for:-

AM_CPUMINDRIBBLETIME

This is how long the CPU will hold the ball on average. So if it is a higher value the CPU will try to take you on more, it will try to get past all your defenders.

AM_MARKDIST_HURRY_THRESHOLD

Well i told you about marking before. This one is like how far away the opposition gets from the CPU before the CPU goes and chases him. So it is how much room the CPU gives the opposition.

AM_CPU_MIN_POSSESS_TIME

This is just how long the CPU holds onto the ball for the match. Like what their minimum possesion time is, or what they are trying to achieve. Pretty straight forward by the name

AM_CPU_IGNORE_BALL_TIME

How long the CPU leaves the ball alone before they go and get it. A low value would mean they dont go and chase it straight away.

AM_CPU_SEEKBALL_MIN_ADVANTAGE_TIME

I am not sure on this value, play around with it and tell me what you find out.

AM_COVER_DIST

Im not 100% but i think it could relate back to how long the CPU hold onto the ball and takes on the opposition. it could also mean something like how much distance the CPU runs off the ball.

AM_TACKLE_RUSH_TIME

This value determines how far away the CPU lets the opposition get to the goal when there is no one infront of the opposition and the goals before they make a bad tackle to stop them.

hope that helps! :)

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
But why are you still stuck with FIFA 2002 and World Cup 2002, when games like FIFA 2004, Euro 2004 and PES 2 are the latest and hottest footie pc games in the market.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
well there are 2 reasons for it....

1. i think world cup is a peice of art. priceless.

2. my computer is not that advanced to play such latest games.

Radaga

International Coach
I love playing world cup.

I like the juggling, star abilities and the one touch moves

Users who are viewing this thread