A sorry Dilshan!

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dilshan 'threatens' lensman over photo with woman: India Today - Latest Breaking News from India, World, Business, Cricket, Sports, Bollywood.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Frontpage | Dilshan Dil-scooped

Tillekaratne Dilshan, the star Sri Lanka opener who perfected the ?Dil-scoop?, became so angry at being photographed in a nightclub that he chased a photographer of The Telegraph, Bishwarup Dutta, from the fifth-floor club down to the street to confront him on Tuesday night.

?How dare you? Don?t you know who I am?? shouted Dilshan, refusing to let go of the photographer until he was sure all the pictures had been deleted. The incident unfolded outside 22 Camac Street.

Dilshan, who is married to a Sri Lankan television actress, threatened to smash the camera before handing it over to a friend to delete the pictures. It was not clear why Dilshan did not want to be photographed.

The local (Kolkata-based) media was flashing this news all over even an hour back. A condemnable deed by Dilshan there! It was beneath his dignity from all angles. Yeah, the photographer was wrong in clicking Dilshan's pictures without his consent. But chasing a person just for that slight offence, and then snatching away his camera to delete all evidences is an utterly shameful act and is the least expected from a dignified person like Dilshan.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Dilshan 'threatens' lensman over photo with woman: India Today - Latest Breaking News from India, World, Business, Cricket, Sports, Bollywood.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Frontpage | Dilshan Dil-scooped

The local (Kolkata-based) media was flashing this news all over even an hour back. A condemnable deed by Dilshan there! It was beneath his dignity from all angles. Yeah, the photographer was wrong in clicking Dilshan's pictures without his consent. But chasing a person just for that slight offence, and then snatching away his camera to delete all evidences is an utterly shameful act and is the least expected from a dignified person like Dilshan.

I'm sure you'd get pretty pissed off as well if you had cameras following your every move when all you wanted to do was kick back and enjoy themselves!

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
Nothing new. New for Cricket, but this sort of ████ happens with Celebs all the time. All he did was delete the photos, so this has been blown into bigger proportions. He didn't break the camera or beat the guy up, so no big deal really.

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
Normally there is controversy if a celebrity assaults a member of the paparazzi, but controversy because he forced a camraman to deleate the pictures is stupid. Good on Dilshin, they can take pictures when he is playing, not when he is clubbing.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Actually KC, what Dilshan did was right. Why should he let the photographer take advantage of his presence in that nightclub and earn cheap money out of it? And it could possibly endanger his reputation because in the media, being clicked with some girl could lead to problems to his image and to his personal life too. Normally others might have left it alone with Dilshan went the length to make sure it didnt get out of hand.

The media guy had no business clicking Dilshan at that club.

King Cricket

International Coach
Actually KC, what Dilshan did was right. Why should he let the photographer take advantage of his presence in that nightclub and earn cheap money out of it? And it could possibly endanger his reputation because in the media, being clicked with some girl could lead to problems to his image and to his personal life too. Normally others might have left it alone with Dilshan went the length to make sure it didnt get out of hand.

The media guy had no business clicking Dilshan at that club.

The daily that the photographer works for, in usual circumstances, does not publish such pictures which might endanger the reputation of a celebrity.

And Dilshan has actually made things worse by chasing that photographer and threatening to smash his camera. You know the local media here. They have added colours to the truth and are still flashing this news all over. The news has appeared in a leading Sri Lankan daily as well. Do you really think that he can avert a "reputation-damage" now?

Last edited:

Highlander999

ICC President
If someone did that to me in a club and was pestering me, I'd do more then just drag him outside, I think credit to Dilshan for being so restrained. Doesn't matter if you are in America, GB, India or Australia, the paparazzi are annoying scum

khalek

Panel of Selectors
I hope his married life will remain safe even after this incident but this is not good from Dilshan, why did he have to take such a risk by hanging out with a woman and that too on a cricket tour :D

Highlander999

ICC President
I hope his married life will remain safe even after this incident but this is not good from Dilshan, why did he have to take such a risk by hanging out with a woman and that too on a cricket tour :D

Then his wife would be an idiot. None of the reports suggest he was even doing anything with her, apart from being in her company. Since when has that been wrong? :sarcasm

King Cricket

International Coach
If someone did that to me in a club and was pestering me, I'd do more then just drag him outside, I think credit to Dilshan for being so restrained. Doesn't matter if you are in America, GB, India or Australia, the paparazzi are annoying scum

Yeah, I do get the point, but now what will happen? Threatening a media person is like inviting a tiger to come and eat you alive. Dilshan has messed the thing up totally by doing what he did. The local media won't get off Dilshan's back this easily, and might churn up all sorts of false stories about him and damage his reputatuon in front of the public.

Last edited:

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Then his wife would be an idiot. None of the reports suggest he was even doing anything with her, apart from being in her company. Since when has that been wrong? :sarcasm

He was running after the reporter so that suggests he was definitely doing something with that lady.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
naaa... nothing much is gonna happen.. you yourself termed it as 'local' media.. don't even think that it will stay in their mind for long.. max it will stay is till the end of tour and nothing much.. and kudos to Dilshan for not using the violent methods :p

P

pcfan123

I am all for Dilshan on this one. Paparazi are the lowest form of human. Get a real job and stop harassing people.

Users who are viewing this thread