AFC Liverpool - It'll take some time. [Jan 2011]

Excellent month, no losses in the league and you are back at the top of the promotion race. Hopefully Atherton will slip up in their game in hand.

Matt, if it's not too much effort, would you mind just posting up the next months fixtures at the end of each post?

Great stuff mate, in 10 seasons time you'll be beating the real Liverpool, especially if Rafa's still there :p

Ah yeah, good idea. I'll post the fixtures as well.

Haha, making the English Premier League would be amazing. (Or they might be down in League 1 in 10 years time :p)

I'm playing a bit of FM 08 atm, will do the fixtures later.

Last edited:
Gonna play a bit of FM 10 after the Liverpool game. Hopefully have a new update up sometime during the day.

AFC Liverpool
Illustrious name, not such an illustrious club.
Tier 10 Football at it's best​

AFC_Liverpool_Crest.jpg

January
Bad start, great finish. We started it with a 3-0 loss to then second place Atherton Coll. They took the lead with a game in hand. After that, it all went right. We beat Blackpool 5-1, Leek CSOB 4-0, then Eccleshall 1-0. To top it off, Atheron lost there 2 games in hand and then drew with third place Irlam on the last game of the month which gives me a 4 point buffer over them. Serrano (2 goals) and Kennedy (4 goals) were superb this month and created a lot of chances. We controlled the last 3 games with ease.

Results
vs Atherton Colls (A) 0-3 - NW Counties Div 1
vs AFC Blackpool (H) 5-1 - NW Counties Div 1
vs Leek CSOB (H) 4-0 - NW Counties Div 1
vs Eccleshall (A) 1-0 - NW Counties Div 1

Fixtures (Feb)
vs Irlam (A)
vs Cheadle (H)
vs Daisy Hill (A)

Internets tons slow, so photobucket wont load. You'll just have to make do with an attachment today =D

Attachments

• Table after 23 games.jpg
    Table after 23 games.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 26
Good month and nice to see some seperation at the top. A quiet February but that first game is a must win. Great work Matt, seems you've found the perfect set-up for the team.

Geez, looks like February will be fun for you. Two away games, and a home game, against the teams placed 3rd, 4th and 5th.

If you win them all, that should just about secure promotion.. well maybe not, but it would get you into a very strong spot anyway. :)

AFC Liverpool
Tier 10 Football at it's best​

AFC_Liverpool_Crest.jpg

End of season
We didn't end the season strongly at all after a great last couple of months, picking up only 14 points in 8 games. But we were still 1 point ahead of Atherton Coll leading into the final game so a win would of seen us achieve automatic promotion. We were facing mid table Rochdale, a team we should of beaten. But instead we came out 3-1 losers, and Atheron Coll won there game 2-0. This meant we finished second and had to play a play off to win promotion to tier 9.

Our opponents? Clymping from Kent Counter League Premier Division. The bookies bet? AFC Liverpool, by a mile. My opponents were priced out at 50/1. So we did what was expected and took a 3-0 lead before they clawed one back late in the game. An easy 3-1 win, even without our star striker Serrano who was away with Spain Under 19's (Yes I have an Under 19's international! =DD)

Results

vs Irlam (A) 1-2
vs Cheadle (H) 3-0
vs Daisy Hill (A) 1-0
vs Ashton Town (A) 2-1
vs Barnoldswick (H) 0-1 <<< Terrible loss that one,
vs Wigan RP (A) 1-1
vs Norton Utd (H) 1-0
vs Stone Dominoes (H) 2-0
vs Rochdale T (A) 1-3
vs Clymping (N) 3-1 - Promotion Play off.

Just some stats

Home record: 4th. 16 games - 11 wins - 2 draws - 3 losses - 35 points
Away record: 1st. 16 games - 9 wins - 3 draws- 4 losses - 30 points

This shows that the other teams away records are terrible, with me being first by 4 points on away record. So by that, I probably should of done better in my home record considering I finished 6 points off first. But the next stat is what killed my chances of automatic promotion

Last 5 games: 10th. 5 games - 2 wins - 1 draw - 2 losses - 7 points

Attachments

• final table.jpg
    final table.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Not the greatest end to the season It's a shame not to see you pick up your first trophy, but you got promoted and that's all that really matters. Good luck in Tier 9 :)

AFC Liverpool
Tier 9 Football at it's best​

AFC_Liverpool_Crest.jpg

August

With the start of the new season, it meant a new division. I wanted to get off to a good start, and when I drew fellow promoters Atherton Coll in round one I knew I had that chance. I signed a few experienced defenders, only one is a starting 11 player though, the others warm the bench and give me options. I really need a midfielder though (as a back up), but I haven't managed to find anyone too much better then my current useless back ups. I'm hoping to find someone on loan that can do me well for a few months, and give me some more depth for when my first team players are exhausted (which is often)

A decent month, we drew our first 2 league games, then won our third convincingly. Although, player fitness has been buggered thanks to having to play in a replay in the FA Cup 1st qualifying round, and going all the way to penaltys in the Liverpool Senior cup. We should of hammered Southwick in the FA Cup, but they managed to win the replay. We scraped through in the Liverpool Snr Cup against much better opposition though. So mixed results.

Results

vs Atherton Colls (A) 2-2 - NW Counties Premier
vs Southwick (H) 1-1 - FA Cup 1st Qual. Rnd
vs Skelmersdale (A) p0-0 - Liverpool Snr Cup 1st Round
vs Biddulph (A) 2-2 - NW Counties Premier
vs Southwick (A)- 2-3e - FA Cup 1st Qual. Rnd Replay
vs Nelson (H) 4-1 NW Counties Premier

A busy August with 6 games in 17 days, and it doesn't get better in September with 7 League games.

Fixtures - Septmber
vs Ashton Athletic (H)
vs Abbey Hey (A)
vs Ramsbottom (H)
vs Alsager (A)
vs Congleton (H)
vs Winsford (H)
vs Bacup (A)

(All NW Counties Premier)

NWCountiesPremierAugust.jpg

Last edited:
AFC Liverpool
Tier 9 Football at it's best​

AFC_Liverpool_Crest.jpg

January 2011
Our first season in Tier 9 hasnt been too bad, as we find ourselves in third after 29 games. Only 5 losses is a plus, but 12 draws have seen us fail to hit top spot. Reaching a promotion spot wont be easy at all, but theres a lot of time left in the season. Kennedy and Powell have been in top form, finding themselves first and third respectively in the top league scorers chart. We've scored the most goals with 53, but conceded 39 which is over a goal a game which is disappointing.

So far the season has been a fairly good one, and hopefully we can promote, but if not we should do it next season.

jan2011.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread