Afghanistan qualify for World Twenty20

khalek

Panel of Selectors
^ Then they must be really hungry. Old joke I know :p

Just wonder if Afghanistan kick Bangladesh out of the test status in the next few years, then where will they be playing their home matches cause the other teams might not want to tour there due to security reasons.

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
^ Then they must be really hungry. Old joke I know :p

Just wonder if Afghanistan kick Bangladesh out of the test status in the next few years, then where will they be playing their home matches cause the other teams might not want to tour there due to security reasons.

Dubai/UAE?

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Afghan team will have one thing for sure, a good Pace attack. The reason for that lies in their genome. Their ought to be many pakhtuns in Afghan Side. Pakhtuns by default are aggressive and strong people. I am sure Afghan team will contribute a few good fast bowlers to world of cricket.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I suppose T20 isnt all bad when you get a team like Afghanistan getting the chance to play on the big stage. Good to see.

Good luck to them.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Thing about it is in a way I'm glad they missed out on qualifying for the World Cup next year simply cuz I was thinking that if they did they'd peek too soon. Like Namibia who had a goal of qualifying for the 2007 World Cup. They qualified for the 2003 World Cup and they've gone to the dogs ever since.

So far since they finished 6th in the World Cup qualifiers and gained ODI status they've proved that it wasn't a fluke. Cuz not only have they beaten top ranked associates they've done it more than once.

So with that in mind I dare say they're be there in 2015

ksduded

Club Cricketer
That's a not a good thing...:help

that IS good actually specially if you are an associate member. You need matchwinners in your team when you are starting off and competing against top teams.

Cause the stable players in an associate nation, though needed, can't really turn around a match. Moments of brilliance is needed to topple the top sides. Once you starting upsetting a few times, more interest starts developing in the country, funds start flowing in and then you can concentrate on building up a structure.

Looking at Afghanistan's rise is exactly that. They have match winners like Noor Ali and Hammad Azam and therefore in 2 years they began at the bottom and now they are World T20 associate champs.....

D

Dutch

I wonder how they practice. Do they practice in Afghanistan itself?? The Taliban would very much want get to them I imagine.

The great thing about Cricket Coach is that you play as a minnow team against Afghanistan in Kabul!!! Let's hope the day arrives for those good people that that can truly happen.:)

P

pcfan123

I remember seeing a picture of them practicing in Afghanistan on a small dirt field, there was wreckage from an old Soviet airplane in the background!

D

Dutch

I remember seeing a picture of them practicing in Afghanistan on a small dirt field, there was wreckage from an old Soviet airplane in the background!

Yeah, silly mid off has to wear full body armour because of roadside bombs!:p

(Only joking. Yes, I know it isn't funny to make fun of peoples misery but I bet you half a donut that the Afghans themselves make fun of their situation as well! It is the human thing to do and helps to get through...)

jawad

School Cricketer
Afganistan vs India or South Africa I'm not sure weather they will win both are one of the best twenty20 team but main thing is the qualified for the twenty20 world cup. Best of Luck.;)

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Man its so awesome that they qualified for the World T20. Good luck to them. You got a fan in me.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I hope India give them a good trashing tbh. On the behalf of Team America! That's what you get for knocking us off! :mad

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
South Africa showed how a sport can bring a country from the brink of destruction to a fight on a united front and some what come out of the tough conditions, let's hope that the same can be done for Afghanistan. This is certainly a step in the right direction for them and I hope they can do really well!

Users who are viewing this thread