AI Field Settings and custom field settings

irfanmayani

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have noticed that the field setting are very poor from the AI.

Its not that i want the AI to be very very realistic but at least we should not get a Long on and a Long off when a fast bowler is bowling the first ball in a test match at hard level. Mitch Johnson and Siddle and co bowled for the entire first session of a test match with long on and long off at the boundary and a lot of times even without slips. As we all know that the game was really focused on test cricket experience, then these things are really important.

Even when I was 64 / 4 ( batting ) murlitharan came into bowl without a slip, without a short leg , without a single close in fielder.

Anyone with news on whether the final patch will have improved field settings from AI or not ?

Also , whenever I start a new game, the old custom field settings are gone ? and we have to redo the field settings again. how do you save these field settings?

hi all

i am new to this game and this my first post. okay i was unlocking the stadiums by hexediting the way i saw in other thread on this forum (so thanks to you guys)
in the process i saw this kinda stuff in hex editor

Attacking Leg Spin 1<bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:04><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:04><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:09><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:09><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00>"<bh:00><bh:00><bh:00>/global/fielding/positions/1stSlip <bh:00><bh:00><bh:00>/global/fielding/positions/Gully(<bh:00><bh:00><bh:00>/global/fielding/positions/BackwardPoint <bh:00><bh:00><bh:00>/global/fielding/positions/Cover%<bh:00><bh:00><bh:00>/global/fielding/positions/ShortCover%<bh:00><bh:00><bh:00>/global/fielding/positions/DeepMidOff <bh:00><bh:00><bh:00>/global/fielding/positions/MidOn)<bh:00><bh:00><bh:00>/global/fielding/positions/ShortMidWicket,<bh:00><bh:00><bh:00>/global/fielding/positions/BackwardSquareLeg<bh:09>

isn't that mean sort of the positions are of the kind for attacking leg spin 1 field the field is 1st slip, Gully,...., BackwardSquareLeg -- and see there exactly 9

so changing this stuff should change the filed i guess

just asking coz i think u fellas know

didnt make up a new thread because this is kinda similar

Dony

You'll find that if you do edit some of these positions the game won't start. It just hangs. I know, I have tried! The sense is that the fielding is hardcoded rather than being editable at the moment.

Yes, most of the preset fielding positions are somewhat bizarre. I dont mind spending a few minutes using the custom settings in an effort to get men in the positions I would like them. The old thing about good line and length gets spanked to the ropes, whilst a "bad" delivery, [usually short of a length or wide of the off stump] gets a catching chance. Surely not a case of playing to the games glitches/bugs and not to recognized cricketing techniques and tactics.
No matter...I still like the game.

Users who are viewing this thread