An offer to all Pakistanis

East Pakistan as it was known left because the West Pakistan government were not dividing royalties equally or something of that sort. (Not given equal seats in government. I dunno... Haven't read much about it) If the two do reunite, it would help both beneficially. Unlike Pakistan and India, as Mark described. First there are the Religious problems and as well as the difference in economy's. It would not benefit India, where as Bangladesh and Pakistan uniting would help both economically in the long term.

Atleast my option would end the debate on Kashmire once it for all
The amount of defence budget both nation spend on weapons and mobilizing army near border, placing troops iin inhabitable areas like siachin etc could be used for other puposes.
So it would benefit indian economy too.

I wanted to write, take laxman give Kashmir on the first page, but thought that might be a bit non-PC.

on a serious note, pakistan and india re-uniting is only barely more plausible than india handing over power to a british colonial government again.

Crying shame then, someone like Badri could easily have moved to Pakistan and he would have played 100+ Tests for them, he will be lucky to get 25 for India.

Hell no! I would be crying if Badri decided to switch states, let alone switch countries!

Badri will be India's next Hussey. I still have faith in him! :hpraise

Hell no! I would be crying if Badri decided to switch states, let alone switch countries!

But the selectors don't, unfortunately :noway

Good joke. :hpraise:hpraise

boney_g added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Please take ZoraxDoom and we don't want anything in return. :p

East Pakistan as it was known left because the West Pakistan government were not dividing royalties equally or something of that sort. (Not given equal seats in government. I dunno... Haven't read much about it) If the two do reunite, it would help both beneficially. Unlike Pakistan and India, as Mark described. First there are the Religious problems and as well as the difference in economy's. It would not benefit India, where as Bangladesh and Pakistan uniting would help both economically in the long term.

the reason they cant get back together is of the distance between the two sides, honestly the only way west pakistan can communicate with east pakistan is to go either through or fly over India, and India wont be happy about this.

I doubt Bangladesh will ever want to get united with Pakistan. Currently Bangladesh enjoys greater economic prosperity than Pakistan. Plus the injustices caused during those times are still raw in the mind of people.

Getting a bit derailed from the topic though :p
I say get any amazing bowler in the world to India and let him get coached by Greg Chappell on Indian Flat pitches. He will lose all ability to bowl :p

I'd actually like to stick my neck out and say that Bangladesh will emerge as an Asian economic powerhouse within the next forty years or so. It has been able to shake off its political instability, a democratic environment has been set up, albeit Muslim fundamentalism still being active there, and they have figures like Muhammad Younis to guide their economy forward.

As for the topic, how about exchanging any of our batsman apart from Sehwag, Dhoni and Sachin for either of Asif or Aamer? :p Surely our neighbours will grab this opportunity?

Wait we are in huge ████ these days, but I'd rather not join another country. They were good reasons that India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan are now not the same country and I think all sides are happy with this.

KC we are so not giving Aamir or Asif. You can take Asif for the ODIs though. We dont need him there. :p

Lets suppose We give away aamer. What will happen. A coach like venaktesh prasad will counsel on importance of line and length and ask him to cut down his pace. In an year or so Muhammad Aamer will be another Irfan Pathan ;)

Which is a huge mistake by Pakistan. How Asif isn't one of the first names on the list, in any format is shocking to me.

There is some bias in this though. I love watching Asif bowl. He is just extraordinary to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread