any1 interested in helping

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hey ppl i need ur help my pc is gettin weird these days smtimes when i am trying to install a game it shows me a bloody #### crc error
what is crc error and what are its solutions
most games start installing then hang up in the middle cause of the crc stuff then may it be nolf 2,syberia or hitman 2

feher

School Cricketer
hey ppl i need ur help my pc is gettin weird these days smtimes when i am trying to install a game it shows me a bloody #### crc error
what is crc error and what are its solutions
most games start installing then hang up in the middle cause of the crc stuff then may it be nolf 2,syberia or hitman 2
crc is basically a error check, your data is screwed on the cd's. I believe the only option you have is to replace those cd's.

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
crc is basically a error check, your data is screwed on the cd's. I believe the only option you have is to replace those cd's.

But KMK is having those problems with all(or most) games and since all these cd's are not likely to get corrupted at once isn't it likely that there is some trouble with the cd rom drive?

darthpikachu

School Cricketer
crc(cyclice redundancy check) errors could be caused by alot of things, if it's only the cds which arn't working, try running the cd from another cdrom drive, if that still doesn't work, test the cds on another computer, other causes can be viruses, other hardware as well(memory,mobo comes to mind).

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
what if i say one game i dld was hitman 2 frm kazaa and it ran fine for every1 and yes i replaced and bought a different cd 0f shill 2 when installing the game with movies i get the crc error but without installing the movies it works fine.it was other way round when i bought shill for 1st time

feher

School Cricketer
what if i say one game i dld was hitman 2 frm kazaa and it ran fine for every1 and yes i replaced and bought a different cd 0f shill 2 when installing the game with movies i get the crc error but without installing the movies it works fine.it was other way round when i bought shill for 1st time
sounds weird, possibly you may have a hard disk problem, normally if you get crc errors you have corrupt file(s), you could try re-downloading hitman, scanning your hd, reformat your hd or you could even setup the game on a mates computer if it works, compress it, burn it, uncompress it at home and try to play it.
The problem with silent hill 2(i haven't played it) is if you start watching the movies with the crc errors they won't play properly, or at least they shouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread