Ashes 2009 Gameplay Video

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Actually the thing which is causing criticism is having high expectations from a game. People first speculate the features of a game and when it is found to be missing from the game, they simply criticise the game. Game developers always put their best on the game.

Eon

Club Cricketer
I think you have missed the point i was making... this thread has been filled with people complaining over and over about the same thing. because of a video that is not an official released trailer from codemasters... in fact its a zoomed in low quality video that shows an early build of the game... and there has been about 40 people that have all said the exact same thing (or close to the same thing) complaining about the animations being the same as in 2007 like it is going to take away from the gameplay significanty. So yes feedback is needed to help in the process of improving a video game... but... having people virtually repeat the complaints of others... it seems pointless to me. At no point did i say "dont complain at all every body" so before saying something is idiotic maybe take another couple of views at the situation.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
The problem is, if they couldnt even change the animations, who is to say they made an effort with game play at all? From what i understood its a completely different game, built from scratch - animations included. I think that the reason people are feeling skeptic, for a change people want a brand new game, not something "patched" as all the games have been since who knows when. Thats how I feel about it anyway, but until we get an official vid Im staying out of the bickering.

formula1man

International Cricketer
The problem is, if they couldnt even change the animations, who is to say they made an effort with game play at all? From what i understood its a completely different game, built from scratch - animations included. I think that the reason people are feeling skeptic, for a change people want a brand new game, not something "patched" as all the games have been since who knows when. Thats how I feel about it anyway, but until we get an official vid Im staying out of the bickering.

maybe they liked those animations and made them to look similar.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
But again, why not wait until an official video or trailer is released before passing judgement on anything?

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Yeah. Why can't people stop and wait for a proper release, whether it be a trailer or a demo, other than doing all the look-through-the-hole.

:spy

Last edited:

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
But again, why not wait until an official video or trailer is released before passing judgement on anything?

Exactly, thats why i said im staying out of the bickering until we get something concrete. Just thought Id try and give a reason for peoples' negative reactions, because most of them just rant without giving concise reasons.

We'll just wait and see...

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After watching that vid, you cannot say that the game is bad. It may me Brian Lara 2005 with a patch. We have to wait. Importantly the upcoming game is next-gen. So it can't have that same stupid bowling action. We have to wait.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
After watching that vid, you cannot say that the game is bad. It may me Brian Lara 2005 with a patch. We have to wait. Importantly the upcoming game is next-gen. So it can't have that same stupid bowling action. We have to wait.

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm not paying ?25/?30 for a patch.

dajesmac

Club Captain
Ahaha.

Well the additonal features added add to the excitement I think, but it's true, we want gameplay. The reviews from testers all seem to say there are improvements, and doing well is more satisfying than ever, and after all that what we really want. The animations really aren't any indication as to how much we'll enjoy the game.

Users who are viewing this thread