Ashes Cricket described - part 4

D

Dutch

Thank you for the congrats.

No, there shall be no PM discussions. Open and transparent on the forums, thankyou.

A part from the fact that people seem to have to do very little before offending you deeply it would be completely off topic and inappropriate to discuss it via a thread.

I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. It really doesnt bother me.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'd like to move on if possible. CaptainOz has made his views clear before so they were hardly new to Jamie. So I don't really see what there is to discuss.
My own view is that the post was way too personal but as others have said I'm sure it wasn't the sole reason Chief hasn't posted recently.

As Dutchad says any discussion should take place away from this thread preferably via PM (or a thread in the contact a mod forum).

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
As long as it's for everyone to see, right here, nothing to hide :thumbs

P.S. I look forward to playing Big Ant cricket online with you, Sami :yes

Yes most definitely. You are on PS 3 right. I am in middle of exchanging xbox for PS 3 just to experience online.

madman981

Club Captain
gee, Ive just read back the last 7 pages of this thread, what a shambles this has turned out to be.........

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What a shambles this turned out to be

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just read the 4 parts of the description. Seriously, was any part of that honest?

Barmy, what were they showing when they went through this? Did it bear any relation to what has been released whatsoever?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just read the 4 parts of the description. Seriously, was any part of that honest?

Barmy, what were they showing when they went through this? Did it bear any relation to what has been released whatsoever?

What absolutely blows my mind is the stuff Chief used to post in "Ask Chief" thread till June of this year. There's no way in hell it makes any sort of sense. I don't believe for a moment the game was playable and would love to know what Chief/Jamie was smoking when he made those comments about early builds and simulating matches. We were lied to plain and simple by everyone from 505 Games and Trickstar for more than a year. The game we have seen and the comments/responses we heard from Chief/Mike F simply don't jell with each other.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What absolutely blows my mind is the stuff Chief used to post in "Ask Chief" thread till June of this year. There's no way in hell it makes any sort of sense. I don't believe for a moment the game was playable and would love to know what Chief/Jamie was smoking when he made those comments about early builds and simulating matches. We were lied to plain and simple by everyone from 505 Games and Trickstar for more than a year. The game we have seen and the comments/responses we heard from Chief/Mike F simply don't jell with each other.

completely. i wasn't around on the site at the time, if i was i'd be absolutely fuming. even reading it now makes me angry.

they showed something at the event in June where these "descriptions" have come from... what was being shown? if they showed this, how could anyone in the room at the time keep quiet about what was shown? if they didn't show this, what did they show?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
completely. i wasn't around on the site at the time, if i was i'd be absolutely fuming. even reading it now makes me angry.

they showed something at the event in June where these "descriptions" have come from... what was being shown? if they showed this, how could anyone in the room at the time keep quiet about what was shown? if they didn't show this, what did they show?

Apparently they "showed" glimpses of the game on a smallish screen so people couldn't even get a decent look at what was happening. Plus they didn't show much gameplay , if any, and focused mostly on fields, stadiums etc. Can't blame them based on what we know now but what I take issue with is things Chief used to describe about the game, i.e. how the new fielding system is such an improvement and how the AI is enhanced. His comments about the developers focusing on gameplay instead of career mode and features like DRS sound so laughable after what we have seen.

If this is what they call "focusing on gameplay" I shudder to think what they would have come up with had they spent time on "bells & whistles" such as career mode, manual fielding, DRS etc. :rolleyes

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Chief has been ever present on here for the last month or so I've noticed but strangely enough ever since the game was released he seems to have performed his disappearing act.

Coincidence?

What I would like know, is the game we see now the same as what he was seeing earlier on in the year.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Chief probably can't say anything (NDA) so has decided to take some time away from the forums rather than get asked questions he's not allowed to answer. I'd do the same thing if I was him!

Users who are viewing this thread