Ashes Cricket described - part 4

hated the previous system, i don't want to get an edge then have some mini game, I want to get an edge and have it be caught all in quick time so it feels and looks real

I agree much better seeing it fly to the slips!! Felt so awkward with the dodgy cam!!

This will add spontaneity and make gameplay more fluid.

Will also make play and misses more exciting as initially you may not know if there was an edge.

Which was never case in previous game as you knew there wasnt a nick if the camera didnt change!

TBH I don't see how the new "line & length" bowling system is different from the previous bowling systems (say AC09). The only difference seems to be that instead of zooming on line & length using a single button press, the users will need to do the same via 2 button presses - first one for line and the second one for length. But it doesn't change the core mechanics where you will still have the same pre-conceived notion of what the game interprets as good (light green), ok (yellow) and poor (dark green) line & length.

As for fielding, the two main criticisms of the previous catching mechanics were :-

1. All catches had the same ease or difficulty of catching, which was frustrating IMO when you dropped a sitter in the outfield but caught a much harder chance. As others have mentioned the better implementation would have been to make the catch easy or hard to catch depending on fielder attributes and difficulty level of the catch.

2. Slips & wk catches looked unrealistic as the games lost that sense of slip catches traveling quickly to slips with those loopy catches with the catching mini-game. Probably a different mechanism could have been tried for slips & wk catch.

One plus for making catching automatic is that now I won't have to sitters online when sometimes lag makes catching a lottery. Downside is that fielding is not as immersive as we would like to be and it takes wk out of the game altogether as I'm assuming even stumpings would be automatic.

Chief, tell us about the AI of the game !! how smart it is, you have played the game!! how challenging is AI and how realistic it feels

Chief, tell us about the AI of the game !! how smart it is, you have played the game!! how challenging is AI and how realistic it feels

Pointless question really - how can he answer other than:

"It's very challenging - it adapts to your style of play, its very dynamic and very realistic"? Everyone says this, even BA game, and it may well be true, but just because someone says it, doesn't mean it is.

no publisher will say something like:

"actually it's the weakest part of the game, but due to tight deadlines we are releasing game anyway"

You will have to wait for user reviews or risk your money and find out yourself for better or worse!

Pointless question really - how can he answer other than:

"It's very challenging - it adapts to your style of play, its very dynamic and very realistic"? Everyone says this, even BA game, and it may well be true, but just because someone says it, doesn't mean it is.

no publisher will say something like:

"actually it's the weakest part of the game, but due to tight deadlines we are releasing game anyway"

You will have to wait for user reviews or risk your money and find out yourself for better or worse!

well i understand he has being a member of this site for a long time and i don't think he will risk telling something far from the truth as i would think he would like to keep he's reputation going!!! if he lies i am sure you guys would ban him from the site :D

can u tell anything about graphics and animations ? all i read here is about gameplay ......
is the movement of player is same like AC and IC ???
as we have saw the 1st screens of AC 2013, the player looks same as previous, i wonder animation too.... is thats the case then this is not from scratch.......

Does anyone find it creepy that Chris Woakes looks a little too happy in those 2 pictures? his face like a little kid would make if someone gave him a bag full of cookies... or a glass of cold icy chilled water to a hungry thirsty child somewhere in africa(sorry for that :) )

Thats because every cricket lover craves for a decent cricket simulation in this sparse cricket gaming industry.

TBH I don't see how the new "line & length" bowling system is different from the previous bowling systems (say AC09). The only difference seems to be that instead of zooming on line & length using a single button press, the users will need to do the same via 2 button presses - first one for line and the second one for length. But it doesn't change the core mechanics where you will still have the same pre-conceived notion of what the game interprets as good (light green), ok (yellow) and poor (dark green) line & length.

Chief, does this coloured line & length system still exist?
It was probably one of the worst things about AC09, because you could only pitch the ball in 2/3 light green areas, or you'd get hammered, and when you did, you wouldn't give away runs.
Not having any colours at all for 'aiming' would actually allow us to judge length, so if we want a bouncer or yorker, we can try, but potentially get it wrong, just like reality.

Thanks for part 2 Barmy, how many parts will there be in total.
The fielding and auto catching is fine by me, I was good at ic2010 but other people in my family were not. I would have had both but i'm still ok with this change. I do wonder if the ai picks the same 50 fields if we are batting, I hope so as the ai was one of the worse parts of the last 2 games. Thanks.:D

Users who are viewing this thread