Ashes Cricket General Discussion

chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Guys , I cannot understand why you treat a simple request like this , circling around one of the most dedicated Online Players like a bunch of School Bullies , slinging insults.

C`mon , we are better than this.

I know his wording was off , calling it a bug , but the Problem still persists.

The Timing Windows on the Lower difficulties becomes too big(easy) for us guys that has played this game since 14 , hence we have to stay on Legend to try and Balance it out. Otherwise massive unrealistic scores become the order of the day.

BUT , the Bouncer/Yorker routine , is unfortunately a reality online , although in our League you sort of try and "coach" it out of the guys , but there is a very fine line when it becomes competitive.

What my personal suggestion would be is :

a: Either move the short ball indicator a few milliseconds earlier to assist in "picking" it up ever so slightly earlier.
b: Alternatively , allow a Setting/Slider that we can enable/disable/adjust for this to be done Online (Would do wonders for our Leagues) , much in the same vein that it can be adjusted Offline

Just my Two Cents , fire away !

Well played a few online T20. According to me a there's a habit of hitting everything on front foot which majority of players have which needs to b changed.
And if a grp finds it difficult there's a level below "legend difficulty" to play.

One area in which backfoot shot needs urgent improvement is the

"pull hook for the balls from outside of the off stump.."

it was there in dbc14, was lost in dbc17 and now again it's not there in ashes.
This along with a slightly less movement of cutters by medium Pacers will even things out .

estmsm

Club Captain
This is the best ever cricket game till date. So far enjoying it, but I think some of the back foot cut shots seem unrealistic. Hopefully, it will be addressed in future.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Exactly my thoughts, since @Llewelynf had PC version, his work as usual was spot on. Without the PC version I do not see much creations coming out just based on Console as its too complex and difficult using console alone.

This means until the PC version comes out many awesome creations apart from LLewelynf's will have to wait. I remember KarolKarol, Munkeymoro if I spelled it right? I am really hoping @rajsvm gets his creation right.

I would suggest @rajsvm to create one player first whenever the PC version is out and get feedback from @blockerdave , @Llewelynf, @SnowyCasanova who have created few things. If they think you have done it correctly you go ahead and create the others using the same method. His faces were accurate but I can take a little off faces for a linked well created players.

As far as I know there is still a plan for a stand alone academy.

I guess they want the console release to focus on the licensed teams and tournament first.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well played a few online T20. According to me a there's a habit of hitting everything on front foot which majority of players have which needs to b changed.
And if a grp finds it difficult there's a level below "legend difficulty" to play.

One area in which backfoot shot needs urgent improvement is the

"pull hook for the balls from outside of the off stump.."

it was there in dbc14, was lost in dbc17 and now again it's not there in ashes.
This along with a slightly less movement of cutters by medium Pacers will even things out .

It' funny, i saw @T.J.Hooker and I think @grkrama both in beta mention this shot isn' there. But I think if you watch my moeen Ali video I managed a couple. Maybe the left hand angle makes it possible? I dunno. Maybe it wasnt outside off.. I thought it was.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I hate everyone with the game.:noway God the wait for this and the Last Jedi is killing me.
Ross i'm in Melbourne now so how about releasing the game a day early for us Please.:p

chaman82

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It' funny, i saw @T.J.Hooker and I think @grkrama both in beta mention this shot isn' there. But I think if you watch my moeen Ali video I managed a couple. Maybe the left hand angle makes it possible? I dunno. Maybe it wasnt outside off.. I thought it was.

Actually had a conversation with @tjhooker also, and he also acknowledged that this shot is not there against Pacers.
And this is really hurting the online community big time .
Pull hook from outside of off stump looks and feels so satisfying and is essential for a complete Batting experience

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
I have already been slammed for sharing way too many video links. You can just go to my channel "Anmol Juneja - Gameplay" and check it out. I did a live stream today and there are a few Videos as well.
Only getting slammed for sharing the same link in multiple threads. I understand you are trying to get views and subs but you are going the wrong way about it. I actually encourage more videos being shared here as it means people who aren’t sure if they want to purchase the game will get a better idea because of the sources available

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Exactly my thoughts, since @Llewelynf had PC version, his work as usual was spot on. Without the PC version I do not see much creations coming out just based on Console as its too complex and difficult using console alone.

This means until the PC version comes out many awesome creations apart from LLewelynf's will have to wait. I remember KarolKarol, Munkeymoro if I spelled it right? I am really hoping @rajsvm gets his creation right.

I would suggest @rajsvm to create one player first whenever the PC version is out and get feedback from @blockerdave , @Llewelynf, @SnowyCasanova who have created few things. If they think you have done it correctly you go ahead and create the others using the same method. His faces were accurate but I can take a little off faces for a linked well created players.
regarding logo creation on the console, it's not so much that it's too complex, it is just 100x more time consuming to make

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I really hope that in the logo creator on console we can type in the co-ordinates for nodes, imo this will greatly improve the quality of logos created on the console as using the controller joystick is quite difficult

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

Part 2 of the AI vs AI T20 match between England and Australia

More videos coming up. :)

Users who are viewing this thread