Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Thieves

Club Captain
If it was already pre - determined, I think big ant did a pretty good job at making it difficult to notice. So well done once again to Big Ant.

AnkitC

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think the Natural Variation of Swinging Deliveries is a valid point as it'll add a lot of value at least visually.

And about the Special Delivery, it can simply be the delivery which swings more than the average ones.

In short, it's just needs to be more analogous.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
How can you feel more rewarding when it’s another additional predetermined thing?

That’s just pot luck when the game decides to do it for you?

I get what your saying though, just can’t see the time being spent on it.

Well currently wkts and chances are predetermined but hardly noticeable so adding special delivery will make it rewarding as well. And not else can be done regarding special delivery because of the design issue of pre determination of wikts and chances.

So the solution will be it to keep it work under the current design.

Last edited:

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I think the Natural Variation of Swinging Deliveries is a valid point as it'll add a lot of value at least visually.

And about the Special Delivery, it can simply be the delivery which swings more than the average ones.

In short, it's just needs to be more analogous.
Forget what I have said ,Now that would be the simplest solution , something is better than nothing.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Guys, managed to delete my save game files like a muppet...

Going to start a 3 match Test Series between Australia and South Africa..

Is there anyway people want me to skill the teams and what pitch settings etc

tarrantino

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Ok so I think has been mentioned before nut has anyone come across this?

I got Lyon with an inside edge and was given out. Next ball he’s back in. Luckily I got him out next ball anyway lbw with an outswinger.

I’ve added the video of the problem.

On a separate note it’s great to see steps being taken to improve the game. What’s been said so far I can’t wait for the challenge.

D

Deleted member 185125

So it’s just a predetermined special ball?

I wouldn’t get your hopes up
Would you be able to share details around the wrong batting animations? For eg the cut shot that goes to mid off.

I got Lyon with an inside edge and was given out. Next ball he’s back in. Luckily I got him out next ball anyway lbw with an outswinger.

On a separate note it’s great to see steps being taken to improve the game. What’s been said so far I can’t wait for the challenge.
I hope this is one of the 'niggles' being taken care.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Guys, managed to delete my save game files like a muppet...

Going to start a 3 match Test Series between Australia and South Africa..

Is there anyway people want me to skill the teams and what pitch settings etc
I was hoping that you play some odis. Last we heard from you about odis was i guess about a little too much swing or something on those lines.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

I remember seeing this on multiple occasions when I first got the game, but it hasn't happened to me in a few months.

Love the inside edge and catch, even if it didn't count! I see those bowling tips are working well for you ;)

tarrantino

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
I remember seeing this on multiple occasions when I first got the game, but it hasn't happened to me in a few months.

Love the inside edge and catch, even if it didn't count! I see those bowling tips are working well for you ;)

It was a beauty and I was gutted it didn’t count. When I got him out next ball it just didn’t feel the same!

Those tips have done me wonders and I was pondering upping the AI to hard now.

Thieves

Club Captain
Hey guys. Is there anyone who can clarify something for me?

I remember a few occasions where batting could not be inverted for couch Co op for classic controls (both players on the same team).

I've seen other users complain about it as well as report bugs.

However as of recently, I've played a few games with friends over and it seemed to work.

Ive always had the 1.06 update... have a ps4. Has it been addressed in the beta patch now.
Is it a bug that ensues only through certain instances or settings ?

andrew36

School Cricketer
The bowlers should have more impact example players height gets extra bounce or sling action
Players strength and weaknesses should be improved like players should have more weaknesses or strengthes determined by batsman and tailenders
Like batsman struggles with swing or pace or bouncers
Bowlers should be able to change the speeds they bowl like stoinis can bowl 140-110 and spinners should be all different in speeds and styles example like speeds should be 69-110
The academy should get an update so we can make players look realistic and fix the tones and improve few things
It would be good if you could adjust the length during bowling

Last edited:

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Check this out. Online t10 match...variety of shots played :)

Users who are viewing this thread