Ashes Cricket General Discussion

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
It would be good if this can be implemented. I posted this in future patch or iteration thread.

Please give the ability to position fielders based on the player name. For example I want to position Anderson in the outfield and not in slips. In the current game even if we replace current slip fielder with another fielder he still remains there.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It would be good if this can be implemented. I posted this in future patch or iteration thread.

Please give the ability to position fielders based on the player name. For example I want to position Anderson in the outfield and not in slips. In the current game even if we replace current slip fielder with another fielder he still remains there.
I get what you're saying I agree fielders should field where they belong. I skilled the SA team in s way that they do. Your example though is a little flawed as Anderson does field in the slips for England. ;)

D

Deleted member 185125

I get what you're saying I agree fielders should field where they belong. I skilled the SA team in s way that they do. Your example though is a little flawed as Anderson does field in the slips for England. ;)
Is it something in the new patch or existing? If so mind sharing how it's achieved?[DOUBLEPOST=1522859039][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe BA can add Strategic Timeouts to all formats
I even remember someone wanted Gold Chain. Maybe with Ashes Cricket-Gold Edition. Possibilities are endless.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

I think the system as is, which could be made clearer, probably also helps to ensure the AI has the best fielders in the best positions.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

While the spilling generally works, I could not get van der Bijl to field anywhere but in slips for the S.A. XI. Weird seeing this 6'10 giant at slip.

I was delighted to finally reach the 84 rebel tour and he's retired!

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I think the system as is, which could be made clearer, probably also helps to ensure the AI has the best fielders in the best positions.
Yeah it does leave a few gaps.

So here is my hypothesis. Hope it makes sense.
The position you want players to field obviously needs to be the highest.

So what I did was 1st slip 88, second slip 87, third slip 86. Every other player below 80 for slips.
Then close fielders, so gully perhaps at 88, short leg 87 etc. Everyone else under 80 for close.
Then infield the same, then outfield. Bowlers for example have high outfield only with no one else above 80. Fielders that would usually be in the ring would have all other skills below everyone else.

So in essence.

Slips would be as follows, slips 85+, close 80, infield 75, outfield 70

Close fielders, close 85+, slips 80, infield 75, outfield 70

Inner ring, infield 85+, slips and close 75, outfield 70

deep fielders, outfield 85+, infield 80, slips and close 70

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
@wasteyouryouth @blockerdave
So this is my current 2 slips, gully, point, cover, mid on and off, square leg and deep fine leg

As you can see, they are pretty much fielding where they belong.

upload_2018-4-4_19-45-28.png

Edit: with 3 slips de villiers is third slip

Users who are viewing this thread