Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Vamsi2k99

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Trailer looks amazing ! Can't wait to my hands on the game.
Hope they release the academy soon.
Need time to create the rest of the teams and players.

timma

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Now that we have a few licenced bats, any word on whether pads and gloves will be licenced? In the trailer I noticed no logos on the gear, just the generic looking ones from DCB17. Does this mean going through team uniforms again and manually adding equipment logos?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@BigAntStudios among all the comments related to bowling actions in the Ashes Cricket 1st Trailer released, just curious to know whose bowling action was it used as model in DBC14 and DBC 17 ? Is it yours Ross ?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@BigAntStudios among all the comments related to bowling actions in the Ashes Cricket 1st Trailer released, just curious to know whose bowling action was it used as model in DBC14 and DBC 17 ? Is it yours Ross ?

I love watching it, but sadly, I was hopeless at cricket, I knew very early that I was not good enough to play at a high level - so no, it's not my action in the game. (FWIW I grew up playing Rugby Union and absolutely loved it, every second of it - I still miss it all these years on.)[DOUBLEPOST=1508620232][/DOUBLEPOST]
Now that we have a few licenced bats, any word on whether pads and gloves will be licenced? In the trailer I noticed no logos on the gear, just the generic looking ones from DCB17. Does this mean going through team uniforms again and manually adding equipment logos?

We had to take guidance from the ECB, CA, player managers, cricketers, and manufacturers, anything that you think is lacking can be changed.

dom2110

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
I love watching it, but sadly, I was hopeless at cricket, I knew very early that I was not good enough to play at a high level - so no, it's not my action in the game. (FWIW I grew up playing Rugby Union and absolutely loved it, every second of it - I still miss it all these years on.
Ross any chance you guys might look at doing a rugby union game now that you have split from Tru Blu. Might be mistaken but seem to remember a comment/tweet a few years back saying that Big Ant nearly took over Rugby Challenge but Tru Blu wanted you to use rugby challenge as your base and not create a new game

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ross any chance you guys might look at doing a rugby union game now that you have split from Tru Blu. Might be mistaken but seem to remember a comment/tweet a few years back saying that Big Ant nearly took over Rugby Challenge but Tru Blu wanted you to use rugby challenge as your base and not create a new game

Would love to make a RU game, always wanted to, however at this time it's not something we're going to actively hunt, someone would have to ask us to do it.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Would love to make a RU game, always wanted to, however at this time it's not something we're going to actively hunt, someone would have to ask us to do it.
Please do it... :yes

That motivation enough?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
I love watching it, but sadly, I was hopeless at cricket, I knew very early that I was not good enough to play at a high level - so no, it's not my action in the game.

@BigAntStudios then whose action is it ? How was it picked? It is a good open chested action, must be more than 6 foot person.

zayno

Club Captain
will there be other countries in the game as well ? will we have to get the accurate names from the academy for the non licenced teams ?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
What's the pc requirements to run the game
12 gb Hdd space and remaining specs very close to DBC17 i guess.With minimum demand for system resources BIGANT developed beautiful games. You take DBC14 as an example.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Rugby union is crying out for a decent game. I reckon a Kickstarter would do well.

With the expansion into Japan (world cup there in 2 years) and 7s an Olympic sport, as well as growth in the US (where it has always been played in some universities) then the commercial aspect should be improving soon.

I really hope someone would take the bull by the horns!

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I just saw this on twitter David Warner has got the correct stats hopefully it updates after each test match we play big ant can you conform this

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 6.07.14 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 6.07.14 pm.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 74

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Rugby union is crying out for a decent game. I reckon a Kickstarter would do well.

With the expansion into Japan (world cup there in 2 years) and 7s an Olympic sport, as well as growth in the US (where it has always been played in some universities) then the commercial aspect should be improving soon.

I really hope someone would take the bull by the horns!
I've just got a copy of Rugby 18. Let's just say it's rather interesting. A vid will go up on Tuesday to show how it's like.

Users who are viewing this thread