Ashes Cricket General Discussion

D

Deleted member 185125

Non-essentials (varies from person to person what that would be), duplicates - trying searching for similar names or letters.
I tried deleting some of the teams and realised that it does not delete their stadiums and logos.
Btw I'm unable to use the edit stadium option either. Any suggestions?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
With 15 yrs of first class cricket behind me this is what i suggest for a test opening field.

Fine leg

3rd man

1st slip

3rd slip (the way this game runs i fell 1 slip or 3rd can catch whatever 2nd would catch)

Gully

Point

Extra cover

Mid on

Square leg

Now what i asking the bowlers is to keep it just out side or on off stump and i want the batsman to drive with no mid on.

I am sure this field will not work all the time but i think its realistic and have some solid lojic behind it.

It's now very rare to have a 3rd man

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I tried deleting some of the teams and realised that it does not delete their stadiums and logos.
Btw I'm unable to use the edit stadium option either. Any suggestions?
The logos have to be deleted individually.

An option to 'group' them around a particular thing (bat or uniform) would be nice.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
On the issue of AI field selections, the AI seem ruled more by "format" than the fielder out rules.

example scenario - a custom "ODI" format, where outside of the powerplay 5 fielders can be outside the boundary. game recognises it as list A, and so a "medium" format. therefore the AI doesn't use the 5 fielder out "short" fields, only the 4-fielder out "medium" fields.

it would be good if they can take account of the outfielder rule

for what it's worth, i finf that other than that the AI plays the 30-over format very well. it's what i've started using for ODI in my tours - i find 50 over matches boring. i stepped up to 30 overs from 25, and the matches are challenging and compelling.

AliKhan215

Club Captain
View attachment 207668

Gents this is so so enjoyable, I’m going to need a miracle to win it but it’s been a cricket simulation throughout.

I normally get bored batting but have been thoroughly immersed through the whole match.

It’s such a fine line between success and failure on this pitch. Loads of edges but they don’t always result in wickets and that’s why it’s so fun...

Things such as Khawaja driving and the ball going between 2nd and 4th slip.

Or March sweeping getting a top edge and hitting his shoulder and looping over the keeper.

Marsh sweeping Maharaj for 4 then trying it the next ball but it’s a bit slow and a tad wider spins back and clips the bails.

These things just wernt there in other games and it makes it so exciting.

Edges seem really legitimate, morkel bowls full full I drive drive he then bowls one short of a length I try my luck ball gets big and i nick it over the slip. The fact you get runs for it you can’t help but sit and smile and and knuckle down for the next ball.

I’m bigging it up but rightly so..

@Llewelynf how you finding it..

Oh ps: your comfy, then this happens to ur star man..

Nobody cares. We need a patch for improvements on online mode...

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have told this earlier also once...

In next patch or for future games can we allow AI to select valid customs fields as part of bowling strategy along with default fields.

I would request you to allow the AI to select the valid custom fields also when a user is batting according to formats.

I am also damn sure this feature will ease your burden of AI field settings issue , since users can themselves create their own fields and save them. Thank You!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
On the issue of AI field selections, the AI seem ruled more by "format" than the fielder out rules.

example scenario - a custom "ODI" format, where outside of the powerplay 5 fielders can be outside the boundary. game recognises it as list A, and so a "medium" format. therefore the AI doesn't use the 5 fielder out "short" fields, only the 4-fielder out "medium" fields.

it would be good if they can take account of the outfielder rule

for what it's worth, i finf that other than that the AI plays the 30-over format very well. it's what i've started using for ODI in my tours - i find 50 over matches boring. i stepped up to 30 overs from 25, and the matches are challenging and compelling.
I think it'd be a lot easier if it was split into Non-Powerplay Attacking/Balanced/Defensive. Or even add a 'default' in the match type for a field the AI could default to, I played custom 50 overs (15 PP, then five out) and the AI never used five men out.
I have told this earlier also once...

In next patch or for future games can we allow AI to select valid customs fields as part of bowling strategy along with default fields.

I would request you to allow the AI to select the valid custom fields also when a user is batting according to formats.

I am also damn sure this feature will ease your burden of AI field settings issue , since users can themselves create their own fields and save them. Thank You!
I'm fairly sure this already happens. At least it did on DBC 17.

chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Regarding field sets, the quick n easy way out if ur not satisfied with the AI field sets is to change sides and set the fields according to ur batting and match situations,

More importantly, the AI bowlers should then bowl according to the set fields.

Users who are viewing this thread