Ashes Cricket General Discussion

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
Decided to try the game again today for the first time in a few weeks. After changing sliders all over the place, I think I’ve finally got it back to being like the previous patch. I’ve only played 1 game so far so I can’t say for certain but it’s been a promising start. If they can fix the AI super human run chasing skills, that would really top this game off.

Ok then. I'll stick the game in the old console and faff about with the sliders again....but I think I know what the outcome will be.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just fired the game up after getting my PS4 fixed. I'm interested to hear thoughts on standard controls batting. It certainly makes playing shots easier (I am no master of the game). Played a T20 and AI got 167, I chased it down too easily in the end. Was a veteran difficulty. Found hard too hard for T20 and medium is too easy to smash sixes

D

Deleted member 185125

Just fired the game up after getting my PS4 fixed. I'm interested to hear thoughts on standard controls batting. It certainly makes playing shots easier (I am no master of the game). Played a T20 and AI got 167, I chased it down too easily in the end. Was a veteran difficulty. Found hard too hard for T20 and medium is too easy to smash sixes
I play on Hard, with batting modifiers all set to 80 except for ball display time on 10. I also have the pace max speed set 80 and minimum speed set to 70. Medium and default hard isn't challenging enough for me.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I play on Hard, with batting modifiers all set to 80 except for ball display time on 10. I also have the pace max speed set 80 and minimum speed set to 70. Medium and default hard isn't challenging enough for me.

Thanks, will give that a try. Was actually playing on default hard this evening in a first class match and that was also too easy. Struggling to find the perfect settings for FC and limited overs.

PjPage59

Club Captain
Ok then. I'll stick the game in the old console and faff about with the sliders again....but I think I know what the outcome will be.
Well it took me a few weeks before I got it right. I also asked around and got a lot of different slider sets and then mixed them up to what I thought would work and so far, so good.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I see one thing that hasn’t changed since I last played is the extras by the AI!

Just had nearly 60 in a session and a half batting as NZ in the West Indies. Jeet Ravel is on 78 and I’m very sure that extras is actually going to beat him to the century!! :eek:

D

Deleted member 185125

I see one thing that hasn’t changed since I last played is the extras by the AI!

Just had nearly 60 in a session and a half batting as NZ in the West Indies. Jeet Ravel is on 78 and I’m very sure that extras is actually going to beat him to the century!! :eek:
I have not faced this problem. Do you mind sharing the settings you are playing on?
Eg Match and batting difficulty, physics modifier changes etc[DOUBLEPOST=1535467444][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there edge modifier slider in pc version?
No[DOUBLEPOST=1535467524][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks, will give that a try. Was actually playing on default hard this evening in a first class match and that was also too easy. Struggling to find the perfect settings for FC and limited overs.
I also have my batsmen skilled around 70 ish.
Running speed at 30 and strength at 60.

Users who are viewing this thread