Ashes Cricket General Discussion

My post got deleted from the media thread (Sorry: I didn't notice it was no longer ALL media, but just screens and video only now?), so I'll repost here: I went through Oxford Circus tube last night - At least 4 full billboards, one of them 48 sheet.

The media campaign is NOT messing around: Already a million times better than the DBC games in the UK.

Placed my pre-order today with Amazon, don't usually pre-order games but had trouble getting my hands on a physical copy where I lived last time. Slightly disappointing to see that the Steam release is back a month again, you would have thought they would want to capitalise on the pre-release hype. Oh well.

Haven't been following the games development as much as did with 14 and 17 but it certainly looks like a decent improvement from what little I've seen so far. To be honest I'd be delighted with a heavily refined DBC17, with all the little annoyances. I just really hope it's in a better state on release than the last two. It usually worries me when games are released to a deadline like that.

Didn't realise PS4 bluetooth controllers reached 100m+ or is there some other trickery going on here? Great PR stunt though - hope the launch goes well next week.

Edit: thought this was obvious to be tongue I cheek. I was in no way insinuating that it wasn't real, just trying to be funny
Someone from Perth with a sense of humour I wonder who else is from Perth with a GSOH... ?[DOUBLEPOST=1510250045][/DOUBLEPOST]
Apparently he was....

DOJr4ViUEAACxC6.jpg
Good marketing and great PR, subtle![DOUBLEPOST=1510250120][/DOUBLEPOST]
My post got deleted from the media thread (Sorry: I didn't notice it was no longer ALL media, but just screens and video only now?), so I'll repost here: I went through Oxford Circus tube last night - At least 4 full billboards, one of them 48 sheet.

The media campaign is NOT messing around: Already a million times better than the DBC games in the UK.
Same here, media campaign is good the marketing has been great.

Looking at all the marketing and PR work is making me so happy. I can't remember any cricket game that was marketed this well until now. :)

Cant speak so well elsewhere, but in the UK
Lara 2005 got a huge bump because England won the Ashes on free domestic television and every match was amazing. There was a big wave of national interest and so the game got loads of TV and print interest. Millions of pounds worth of free advertising.

Ashes 09 had a Wii version at the height of Wii and got a Nintendo TV advert (TV!), which made up for the actual series dropping off freeview. And again England won (the UK is a very fickle sporting nation) so it got huge coverage.

From what ive seen so far, Ashes could match those this year. But it will need to be a massive spend here to make up for the event dropping onto a TV network few people have. Especially given the time difference.
However, if England win the first couple...

It also shows how confident BA are with the game :cheers I'm one of the many well-wisher who wants BA to be successful.
It’s good because a good product with good marketing reaches people more efficiently and so the sales get improved. More sales can actually make @BigAntStudios concentrate more on the product by giving frequent updates and try new features in their future iterations.

Looking forward to a good reach of Ashes Cricket!!

It’s good because a good product with good marketing reaches people more efficiently and so the sales get improved. More sales can actually make @BigAntStudios concentrate more on the product by giving frequent updates and try new features in their future iterations.

Looking forward to a good reach of Ashes Cricket!!

I do wonder what direction they'll take the brand. We've gone:

- Don Bradman Cricket 14 (Don Bradman Cricket on PS4 and Xbone)
- Don Bradman Cricket 17
- Ashes Cricket

How are they going to make their brand name, particularly if they try and get other licenced content beyond the Ashes? Is going to be interesting to see.

I do wonder what direction they'll take the brand. We've gone:

- Don Bradman Cricket 14 (Don Bradman Cricket on PS4 and Xbone)
- Don Bradman Cricket 17
- Ashes Cricket

How are they going to make their brand name, particularly if they try and get other licenced content beyond the Ashes? Is going to be interesting to see.
My bet next one is Cricket World Cup 2019

Lara 2005 got a huge bump because England won the Ashes on free domestic television and every match was amazing. There was a big wave of national interest and so the game got loads of TV and print interest. Millions of pounds worth of free advertising.

Ashes 09 had a Wii version at the height of Wii and got a Nintendo TV advert (TV!), which made up for the actual series dropping off freeview. And again England won (the UK is a very fickle sporting nation) so it got huge coverage.

From what ive seen so far, Ashes could match those this year. But it will need to be a massive spend here to make up for the event dropping onto a TV network few people have. Especially given the time difference.

damn i forgot that it had switched to BT sport. FFS.

I don't think Ross is going to be wishing for an England win even in such a scenario! :lol

Users who are viewing this thread