Ashes Cricket General Discussion

hilts400

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have played every cricket game since Graham Gooch's way back. Shane Warne 99 has been the pinnacle of all cricket games and Codemasters obviously understood how cricket was played and what a gamer wanted in a cricket game (EA gave a nice edition in cricket 07).
Ross and the team at Big Ant have been giving us some enjoyable games with the Don Bradman series so far especially the career mode and I have thoroughly enjoyed playing a series that had a team behind it who listened to the gamers and understood the game of cricket.
Ashes Cricket is an incredible and massive step up from past cricket games. In fact I am going to be bold and say I have that same feeling I had when playing Shane Warne 99. The animations and graphics are beautiful in this game and the instant replay is constantly being viewed. All the FIFA and Madden comparisons are getting old. There is so much to like about this game. Now my son's have grown up I can once again sit back and enjoy playing a cricket game that rivals Shane Warne 99 and play the game without going on about my past experiences . Also my boys can finally say shut up dad that's old news now. Well done Big Ant, I am super impressed and it can only go upwards from here. 9/10

Kass D

County Cricketer
This game is unbelievable. It's the best ever by far. Ofcoz there are few things to work on such as
1) AI taking singles in the out field
2) stumping issue
3) maybe better pre site field positions

But really BA have done something spacial.

Just playing my first odi South Africa (me) vs India (ai)

Am batting
Lost AB and de kock very fast . But thanks to a blinder by Miller 92 of 98 and f du pleesis 40 of 51. Contributions with middle and teilenders made 254/9.

Playing on legend so will be tuff to win but let see how it gose

Again BA and testers .. you guys really pulled it off

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
for the 1000th time.... the PC version is coming out just before Christmas!
Without meaning to dampen the spirits, there was also a mention about a small chance that the PC version might get delayed even more if reports of DBC17 are to be believed. That's why I wouldn't say it's confirmed yet. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

scampy

Club Captain
Without meaning to dampen the spirits, there was also a mention about a small chance that the PC version might get delayed even more if reports of DBC17 are to be believed. That's why I wouldn't say it's confirmed yet. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I might have to do the same as I did for DBC14. Get it on PS4 now and get it on PC when it comes out. So want to be playing - but hate the PS4 load times in career mode.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Will there be change in controls - stick movement when you opt for this camera.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Get it on PS4 now and get it on PC when it comes out.
Unfortunately, not a fan on console gaming. So even if the wait is longer, PC is the way to go for me.

So want to be playing - but hate the PS4 load times in career mode.
I had noticed that too. It's something I hope won't be the case in PC version.

gogabutt

Club Captain
@BigAntStudios @MattW, you did it!!! You guys have delivered the game that ppl have been looking for quite so long... the gameplay, graphics, animation, mocaps, crowd, Mel Jones, camera options, weather variations (overcast conditions with rain effects...wonderful atmosphere!!!) All good stuff!!!
A few tweaks still needed but overall amazing cricket experience!!! 9/10 for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread